Honored Contributor

When someone spends $$ on something, I would think they would 

want the ‘experience’ of an in-person purchase.

Translation:

(ex: expensive lipstick/purses/etc.)

I have a friend who drives to Dallas from Oklahoma to go shopping.

She ‘makes it a day’ and shops in the fancy Tom Ford store

for her lipsticks & Chanel store for her makeup.  Granted she could

easily order online, but she wants the fancy bag, samples & 

glass of champagne, valet parking, and other niceties that comes

with an in-person purchase.

That’s why I always kinda shake my head when people buy

$600 for a purse, $60 for a lipstick & $1000 for jewelry on a 

TV shopping channel...only to have it shoved in a cardboard box &

tossed on your dusty doorstep w/out so much as a thank you.

Now, I understand not everyone is near the physical stores desired

but if anything, purchase from the brand directly. There’s a good

chance you’ll still get ton of samples & a beautiful presentation box. 

——————

Another IMO:

I find Tatcha’s whole ‘geisha’ selling point as kinda/sorta creepy.

I was never a big subservient-women-selling-tactic proponent. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I like Kim's Kisser Fixer trios alot. Her gel liner is excellent, the liquid lipstick can be drying on its own, but the gloss elimated that for me. I actually mixed a wee bit of gloss with the lipstick too. Applied with a brush. I hope you like it too. ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

I wouldn’t buy this lipstick. Not because of the price, but because of the mixed reviews. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tatcha $55 Lipstick

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS  I have used it with my finger on my cheeks a few times, just to make me look alive! ha! 

Actually, the color is fine with one swipe on my lips. But I have experimented with pressing down a little more and making it darker. I prefer just a touch of color on my lips so usually don't press it down.

I don't normally watch Tatcha presentations, so I didn't see the trio you got. I just happened to walk in while they were showing the one I got and was intrigued. Not sorry I got it at all and knew I could return it in 30 days if I didn't like it or didn't feel it was worth it.

Did the trio have the chiseled shape to them too?

I believe @1Professor is big on Tatcha products. Wondering if she has tried the lipsticks.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

Sure does. All the lipsticks are hand poured into that beautiful molded shape. I just noticed a new review, the woman mentioned using Tatcha's silk canvas primer(which i have too) added some depth of color plus extra longevity. I love it when tips and personal experiences are shared.

I stumbled on this too. I believe it was shown after a Linea or Barefoot Dreams presentation. Btw, there's lots of reviews on the Tatcha site, for all the lip products. ♡♡♡

Screenshot_2019-05-29-15-16-58-1.png

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

When someone spends $$ on something, I would think they would 

want the ‘experience’ of an in-person purchase.

Translation:

(ex: expensive lipstick/purses/etc.)

I have a friend who drives to Dallas from Oklahoma to go shopping.

She ‘makes it a day’ and shops in the fancy Tom Ford store

for her lipsticks & Chanel store for her makeup.  Granted she could

easily order online, but she wants the fancy bag, samples & 

glass of champagne, valet parking, and other niceties that comes

with an in-person purchase.

That’s why I always kinda shake my head when people buy

$600 for a purse, $60 for a lipstick & $1000 for jewelry on a 

TV shopping channel...only to have it shoved in a cardboard box &

tossed on your dusty doorstep w/out so much as a thank you.

Now, I understand not everyone is near the physical stores desired

but if anything, purchase from the brand directly. There’s a good

chance you’ll still get ton of samples & a beautiful presentation box. 

——————

Another IMO:

I find Tatcha’s whole ‘geisha’ selling point as kinda/sorta creepy.

I was never a big subservient-women-selling-tactic proponent. 

Geishas used to be elite courtesans and artists who chose their own clients to entertain. Now they're traditional cultural folk music and dance artists. They aren't particularly subservient. That's a Western stereotype.

Personally regarding luxury goods--or any goods--valet parking and samples and fancy shopping bags are nice on vacation etc., but not make or break in general. I prefer a good price, reliable shipping, and a reasonable return policy. The return policy is very important for high ticket items because the risk is so much greater. But then again, I don't live a high roller lifestyle day to day. All the more power to those who do!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS Oh, that is lovely. Hopefully it will be available again and I will "happen" to see it presented. ha! It appears to be more vivid than the lipstick I purchased, so I would have to think about it. I don't care for anything too dark.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Tatcha $55 Lipstick

[ Edited ]

I took a peak at Tatcha's website and the Magnolia Bloom trio set looks interesting to me.  It comes with a bag and free shipping & returns.  I may have to give this one a try.  Cherry Blossom also looks like a nice neutral color. @World Traveler @rochelleS You are enablers LOL!

Magnolia Bloom Lip Trio

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  Oh, thanks for posting the photo and information. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

The Beautyberry trio is available on the Q, but the stinkers raised the price overnight. I paid 75 for the OD special then went back to 85 and now more. Boo. Best to shop the Tatcha site.

I did see this same trio on Tatcha's site but it's gone now. And there was another trio, can't recall the color which is also gone. That leaves the Magnolia  that @Pecky  posted. I took a screen shot to post but ya beat me to it dear Pecky. Got sidetracked with a great three way call with my BFF and sister, which left me smiling. 😚  Did you notice the lipstick trio too? That looks nice and has the Plum Blossom, Cherry Blossom and LE Peony Blossom, all appear to be lovely soft shades. Free shipping and bonus samples included. If dissatisfied for any reason, I like that a free return label is provided.

So Pecky, I'm glad to enable you, lol. I'm just so darn pleased and can only hope you'll feel the same great enjoyment that both World Traveler and I share with our Tatcha lippies! 💄💓💖