Honored Contributor

Saw that and laughed---

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain I agree with you. In fact, I purchased it about a month ago, but it was on advance order. So I haven't had it that long, but it is great on my lips. Not only the color, which I haven't been able to get in any other brand, but it feels great on the lips. I like how they chiseled the different angles on it, but I don't think that those angles will last once I have used it for a while. 

I think the cost has not only to do with the ingredients, but that they hand pour each one. The case is heavier than most lipsticks I have had in the past and has gathered comments from others in the office when I pull it out. It looks classy.

I have tried many, many different brands, but have found this one to be superior in sustaining the moisture on my lips. I suspect the color looks a little different on each person, as it seems to blend well with my complexion and perhaps it morphs into a slightly different color depending upon your chemistry.

I saw their very red lipstick that is more the color I saw the Geisha wear when I was in Japan last year. The Tatcha version looks very true to the bright red they always wear when in costume. That is too bright for me, so I am glad they came out with one now that is something I can wear. I suspect they will come out with a pale pink at some point. For now, this one is drawing attention from the gals in my office, and they ask where I got it. So, they have noticed a difference. 

This is a keeper for me! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tatcha $55 Lipstick

[ Edited ]

I 100% agree with @Porcelain  and also support @World Traveler's comment regarding the superior quality of this lipstick.

As a birthday gift, I treated myself to the Tatcha Beautyberry Lip Trio. It was well worth the advanced order wait...I am truly wowed by this impressively, luxe trio of lip products. In trying each of these it's very apparent that these are very special. Yes, I have Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Dior, plus Butter London etc etc and a host of other higher end lip products, but there was something noticeably different with Tatcha. Perhaps it's the treatment based formula. Something feels different and really good for me. Yes, it's a creamy formula that goes on dreamy and moisturizing. Absolutely no traveling, (and I do have those dogged fine lines) no gawd awful ring around the lips as it fades, plus I was surprised to note it lasted thru a burger and fry lunch leaving a pleasant stain where it was partially eaten off. The women at the table were impressed. The depth of color can vary with application and the shade is gorgeous, a stunning berry plum with a wee hint of fuchsia that brightens this color for year round wear. The pencil is great and the tinted balm is superior with long lasting moisture and a lovely hint of lasting color. I love wearing these products and can't stop talking about them! This is my first foray into Tatcha's color cosmetics and will not be my last. A TEN STAR keeper for me! I also just ordered the tinted eye treatment brightener and look forward to trying it soon. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  WOW! Like always, you have such a wonderful way of describing an item. Well said. Ditto to everything you wrote. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tatcha $55 Lipstick

[ Edited ]

Thank you @World Traveler, but I must say "right back attcha" my friend. "Right back attcha! " 💖💖💖

Honored Contributor

omg!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS I'm assume from the name Beauty Berry, there probably wasn't the first color, the red, in that trio; is that correct? I just think that is a very bright red, but would like to know if you or someone else has tried it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I could ever convince myself to spend $55 on a single lipstick.  I really liked the Kim Gravel lip liner and gloss that came with her recent TSV, so much so that I've ordered additional Kisser Fixer kits (liner, liquid lipstick, gloss).

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I like the name....Kisser Fixer. Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

I have not tried the Kyoto red lipstick. I'm not adverse, as I really do love a great red lip. I have gone softer in color as my hair and skin tone has lightened. The Plum Blossom shade you have looks very, very attractive to me. Have you tried patting it on with your finger for a lighter touch of color? I ask because the Beautyberry shade is really nice for me in that depth is so controllable and varied, patting on with my finger, swiping the bullet or a lip brush. I really love the balm too. It looks dark in the pot, which is deceiving. Its amazing with great lasting color payoff. There are other lippies on the Tatcha site, kits and individual components sold separately. There is a tsv coming and I'm kind of hoping for some special offers, you never know...