Honored Contributor

I got a notice on Facebook that Tarte has an up to %65 off select items sale now.  Sadly, my blush is not one of the select items, but they have cream blush that comes in a rosy tone I may try and saw one or two eyeshadow palettes of interest.

Speaking of blush, I was at a singing practice today and took a bathroom break.  I was a bit surprised at how rosy my cheeks were when I looked in the mirror while washing my hands.  I've always known I had that color in my cheeks, but I guess the lighting in the bathroom really brought it out.  Another reason I have to be careful with blush since I wear a sheer foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess - I checked out what they had for sale.  There is a lot of good stuff.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL , did you buy anything?  I bought a couple of palettes (I need like another hole in my head) and the cream blush.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@JudyL , did you buy anything?  I bought a couple of palettes (I need like another hole in my head) and the cream blush.

@Icegoddess - no I didn't but anything. What palettes did you get?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess - no I didn't but anything. What palettes did you get?

@JudyL I got Salt Lyfe and Rainforest of the Sea.

Esteemed Contributor
Tarte must be trying to get rid of inventory or discontinuing some items...? I received an a link for 6 full size Tarte products for $60, free shipping, a couple weeks ago.

I'm trying the shape tape foundation. Don't really like it so far. It's thick to apply and very difficult to remove. Gets greasy on my oily skin. The powder blush is OK, nothing special. I haven't given the mascara and eye shadow pallette a true test yet.

I had tossed all my old makeup and wanted to try something new. So far, I'm disappointed.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo I thought Shape Tape was a concealer.  Do they make it in a foundation now?

I tried their BB Cream years ago and hated it, selttled into every pore I had.  I also wore their Lights Camera Lashes mascara for awhile.  I liked it, but then it started flaking on me.  So, I pretty much stick with blushes and eyeshadows from them.  My main blush is one of their blushes and I love it.  I have another eyeshadow palette from them and use it often.  

As most other cosmetics companies do, they discontinue their color cosmetics, especially eyeshadows and lippies for something newer to draw in the customer.  I do need to get another one of those Dazzled blushes before they discontinue that too since it's my fave.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte up to 65% Off

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@tototwo I thought Shape Tape was a concealer.  Do they make it in a foundation now?

I tried their BB Cream years ago and hated it, selttled into every pore I had.  I also wore their Lights Camera Lashes mascara for awhile.  I liked it, but then it started flaking on me.  So, I pretty much stick with blushes and eyeshadows from them.  My main blush is one of their blushes and I love it.  I have another eyeshadow palette from them and use it often.  

As most other cosmetics companies do, they discontinue their color cosmetics, especially eyeshadows and lippies for something newer to draw in the customer.  I do need to get another one of those Dazzled blushes before they discontinue that too since it's my fave.

@Icegoddess - I have liked Tarte blushes for a long time.  The Dazzled blush looks so dark on screen.  Is it that dark in person?  How does it look on the skin?  The website says its a soft rose blush but boy the pic looks anything but that.  I'm sure I've looked at it at ULTA but just don't remember it.

Esteemed Contributor
@Icegodness, it's called "Face Tape" foundation. I had to go get the bottle! Too thick and gooey for my oily skin. Ladies with dry skin may like it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess - I have liked Tarte blushes for a long time.  The Dazzled blush looks so dark on screen.  Is it that dark in person?  How does it look on the skin?  The website says its a soft rose blush but boy the pic looks anything but that.  I'm sure I've looked at it at ULTA but just don't remember it.

@JudyL , it's a soft rose color.  Pics on screen can be so misleading which makes it difficult to buy color cosmetics online, especially lippies.  If you go to the Outfit of the Day thread, I sometimes post pics of my makeup too, and more than likely that's Dazzled.  If I'm wearing something in the orange/peachy family, then it might me Nars Orgasm.  

I'm fair-skinned and already have some color to my cheeks so i have to be careful to just put the lightest amount of blush on.  Anything bright won't work, although I at first thought the Nars blush was going to be too bright, but it's not, just not my favorite for my coloring.