Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tarte shape tape Contour vs bye bye under eye

[ Edited ]

I think that Tarte Shape Tape is far superior. I think it last longer on the skin and wears well through out the day even in a NC summer with at least 60% humidity and 95 degree heat. I personal don't need all the coverage that Shape Tape offers most of the time though so I thin it out with a moisturizer in the winter and I use a tiny bit in the summer and blend with a Real Technique beauty blender. I have about 5 or 6 concealers and highlighters that I rotate depending on how much coverage I do or don't need. I always apply my foundation first and then I check to see how much or little concealer I may need. Bye Bye Undereye also has very few shades to choose from compared to Shape Tape.

In case you are interested Bye Bye UnderEye gets 3.9/5 on MakeupAlley with 284 reviewing. 69% of reviewers would repurchase. Tarte Shape Tape gets a 4.1/5 with 159 people reviewing and 75% would repurchase.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Contributor

Re: Tarte shape tape Contour vs bye bye under eye

I have been using tarte shape tape for a few weeks now.  Personally, I like it so much better than bye bye under eye.  The bye bye undereye was too thick and made my undereye area look crepy.  I am so happy I switched.