Honored Contributor

Tarte shape tape Contour vs bye bye under eye

I've been using bye bye under eye for a few years and like it. Tonight I watched a few videos on tarte shape tape Contour. Would like to hear your thoughts on the tarte concealer.
Thank you
Respected Contributor

Re: Tarte shape tape Contour vs bye bye under eye

I just received the one from tarte and it's fabulous.  I will no longer use the one from IT cosmetics.  The one from Tarte is way superior.  It blends in perfectly with my skin color and doesn't cake up at all.  It lasts the entire day and only takes a few seconds to apply.  It's so good when my color the light/medium comes back in stock I'll order another one.  I've used many concealers and the one from Tarte is the best I ever bought.  Looks natural too.  No more dark circles.  

Respected Contributor

I have this and I also love it. I tried the IT bye bye a long time ago and it had good coverage. The Tarte has great coverage and blends out easily and last all day for me.

Respected Contributor

I have both and use both. For differennt things.

ByeBye I sometimes mix with Maybelline Age rewind for a silkier texure. I find that the Bye Bye mixes better than Shape Tape. Shape Tape is for heavy duty coverage, but I rarely bake it. I find that if I set my concealer immediately, no matter what it is I get less creasing.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies!  Due to all the accolades, mom and I are making the 1 hour trek to the city to hit up Ulta for this and a few other things Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@monicakm  I went to Ulta looking for a better concealer. The Ulta beauty consultant showed me how to use Tarte Shape Tape. I love it, it covers and does not sink into fine lines. It lasts too. I live in hot, humid Georgia, and this didn't budge. I had been using iT bye bye, but I never felt it did a great job. Shape tape does.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

The bye bye under eye accentuated every wrinkle I have.  I haven't tried the tarte one yet but am planning to.  I kept the bye bye undereye to cover brown spots but would not buy it again.  I am 67 if that helps.

Super Contributor

The Tarte has better coverage and seems to stay put. The BBU never really seemed to set. Even after a light powder to keep it in place. The Tarte is a little more dry than BBU so if it makes you look dry just use a light moisturizer. The Tarte really covers the dark circles. 

Honored Contributor

I've watched the girls on You Tube apply the Shape Tape.  They really pack it on.  I'm used to using a very small amt of the Bye Bye Undereye product.  A little goes a long way.  Do you put it on like foundation (or more) or just a dab?

Valued Contributor

monicakm, I used the BBUE before using Tarte Shape Tape.  I always found the BBUE a bit to greasy and it settled into my lines even after setting with powder.  I use more product with Shape Tape but nothing like the You Tubers.  Shape Tape doesn't settle into lines like BBUE but it is very full coverage and the amount I see them using in the videos would look caked on if I did that.