Regular Contributor

Tarte's products since line was sold....

Tarte used to be one of my favorite lines, however within the last year the products just are not the same....then I learned that it had been 'sold'a while back....  So sad....  The quality is just not the same.  Anyone else notice, or am I just being wierd??  Remember...I didn't know it has been sold until after I felt the products had declined

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Tarte's products since line was sold....

I just received the Tarte Highlighter product with brush and it's fabulous.  Love this pallete.  

Honored Contributor

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has noticed Tarte changed. LCL iconic mascara! HG years, NOT THE SAME! Last year tried pallete eyeshadow with blush Omy! Experienced horrid allergic reaction. FYI! Please notice list of ingredients. Talc included in eyeshadow and blushes. Be warned! Not unscented! Irritation for many. Sad knowing what Tarte used to be and no longer is. Happens when companies are sold.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm afraid that might happen to Urban Decay, too.  They have a Full Spectrum Palette that is beautiful, but the quality is not the same as what I'm used to.  And, as these companies go, so could IT and others down the line......

Honored Contributor

I really liked their LCL mascara, but it dried out so quickly, and I only really wear mascara about once a week.  So, when Ulta started carrying Lancome, I went back to my old favorite, Defincils. 

I also use one of their blushes, but it should last me quite awhile.  I'm accustomed to my blush colors being discontinued by the time I'm ready for a new one since I just barely use any anyways.  My "daily" blush is currently a Becca Beach Tint.  

Valued Contributor

I used to love Tarte before it was sold.Some items now are made in China.They probably think we are dumb and don't notice the chance.

Honored Contributor

I used to like quite few things of theirs when they first came out but over time, even before the sold the company, the quality started declining. I have a few old Tarte palettes (small ones, with only 4 shadows) that are so nice but when I tried several shadow palettes of theirs over the next few years after that (again, before they sold it), the quality was gone- they went from creamy, silky shadows to dry, chalky and not as pigmented. So I stopped buying them. I would now never try them again since they are no longer cruelty free with the new owners but it is a shame what happened to the company over time and, this time, I don't blame the new owners since the quality started going down before the sale. 

Honored Contributor

I had read that some of their pallettes were made elsewhere and weren't the same quality as the rest of the Tarte line.  Not sure of the accuracy of that. 

I was never a big Tarte user but I fairly recently started using their BB cream as my foundation and I love it.  I am on my second tube.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has noticed Tarte changed. LCL iconic mascara! HG years, NOT THE SAME! Last year tried pallete eyeshadow with blush Omy! Experienced horrid allergic reaction. FYI! Please notice list of ingredients. Talc included in eyeshadow and blushes. Be warned! Not unscented! Irritation for many. Sad knowing what Tarte used to be and no longer is. Happens when companies are sold.

You're right about the new, annoying scent in the shadows.

I picked up a Tartlette from ULTA after swatching the display. I just couldn't get past the fragrance so back it went.