Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte juicy lip TSV

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch Lipcolor ingredients are all mostly the same. Sometimes manuf. like to play games w/names of ingred. But it is mostly fat and dye.

Hubbs says "science it up".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Who needs 9 lip products at cost of $60? I wouldn't give a lippie as a gift, all ladies have their own preferences!  Easy pass.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Who needs 9 lip products at cost of $60? I wouldn't give a lippie as a gift, all ladies have their own preferences!  Easy pass.

Some people like besuty products as gifts. I probably wouldn't gift it unless it was on a wishlist. Last year our DIL asked for Mad Hippie Skincare, I made up a nice kit for her.  It was our teenage granddaughter's birthday yesterday and she asked for a hair styling tool, eyelash serum, mascara, and earrings. 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

I think $60.00 is a fair price for 9 lip products. Tom Ford is $58.00 for one lipstick.

Honored Contributor

This TARTE TSV is a good deal for a great product.  I have so many of these so am passing on the TSV but if you are on the fence, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  As for gifting some of these, I would if I knew the person liked Tarte or lipsticks.  Usually we know our friend, daughters, granddaughters, etc., well enough to know which color would look nice on them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte juicy lip TSV

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Think the TSV is kinda pricey. Lipstick is cheap.

The TSV is a nice value @Group 5 minus 1 .   Just like most products, there are low end/cheap ingredients and more high end/better ingredients.  Not all lipsticks are created equal.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks to all who answered and found some info! I ordered the AD,however I might skip or pass by the time it comes in,due to the fact Tarte website runs AWSOME deals often. The last time I bought these lippies they were all 10 $ each,free ship and a free gift and samples. So I will have to decide before the AD ships. I love these so much I have a ton of them. And I feel the descriptions are accurate for each one,on the feel of the product. To bad that since they are reducing the AD amount of future shipments that they would at least honor the special price a little better. Each 3 piece breaks down to around 20$ a set,if the AD is indeed 37$ A set ,that’s a bit disappointing. I would of been fine with 29$ a set,but 37$ may be a pass. Thank you to all,happy shopping.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal Having worked in the industry for 13 years,yes  they are.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

@Skyegirl21  - I would split it up and give it as 3  different gifts.  My co-worker/girlfriends would absolutely love to receive it as a gift.  I would too!