Trusted Contributor

Tarte eyeliner from long ago....

[ Edited ]

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone remembers this product and color it would help me so much- or give any info would be great.... regarding Tarte chubby eyeliner pencil which was a manual sharpen, from long ago.  The outside of the pencil design was deep purple with a swirly gold design. The eyeliner itself came in different shades.  

I don't remember the name, and it's been sharpened away long ago. It's a  medium to deep brown/maroon.  

This was waterproof, or the very least, lasted forever- I could apply at night so I wasn't rushed in the am, it lasted for days, no cracking, flaking, smearing, nothing,

and the thickness was great for me because my hands shake a little, and went on smoothly- now important to me because my eyelids aren't as smooth as years ago- so it goes over skin not as smooth as before.

The one I have  is down to the very last bit- it's lasted since Tarte began on QVC! 

They do not carry it any longer, so I'm trying to find a shade of theirs that is similar, or another brand with that color.

ThanksCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte eyeliner from long ago....

@skittles2 wrote:

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone remembers this product and color it would help me so much- or give any info would be great.... regarding Tarte chubby eyeliner pencil which was a manual sharpen, from long ago.  The outside of the pencil design was deep purple with a swirly gold design. The eyeliner itself came in different shades.  

I don't remember the name, and it's been sharpened away long ago. It's a  medium to deep brown/maroon/burgendy, not purple or the current color they call plum.  It's not a taupe, or light brown, definitly has a burgendy hue( I really like) to the brown. Goes great with green eyes.

This was waterproof, or the very least, lasted forever- I could apply at night so I wasn't rushed in the am, it lasted for days, no cracking, flaking, smearing, nothing,

and the thickness was great for me because my hands shake a little, and went on smoothly- now important to me because my eyelids aren't as smooth as years ago- so it goes over skin not as smooth as before.

The one I have  is down to the very last bit- it's lasted since Tarte began on QVC! 

They do not carry it any longer, so I'm trying to find a shade of theirs that is similar, or another brand with that color.

ThanksCat Very Happy

@skittles2  I would guess if the outside of the pencil is purple, it’s part of Tarte’s Amazonian Clay line. That may help your search.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Thanks,  I meant to add that, it's either smoldereyez or emphaseyez, can't tell because the writing is whittled down,  Tarte can't tell me, I mean really??

Cat Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@skittles2 Sounds like it could be Smoldereyes in the color Fig? I have it from a long ago kit.

Trusted Contributor

@DianeJ2 I thought of that, and looked up the color but the color doesn't look deep enough.  I may try it to see.

ThanksCat Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@skittles2 Yes, Fig is pretty but might not be deep enough. I switched to Chanel Cassis (ebay, got it  alot cheaper, yikes expensive,) and Kiko Milano eyeliners as i have hazel green eyes&darker liners better. Tarte seems to discontinue the colors i like too lol

Try  the dupes list on Temptalia..com. Urban Decay&Mac might have similar to what you want. Good luck with the search!! Let me know if you find anything good, that sounded pretty 😊