Frequent Contributor

dose anyone else think somthing should be done about the tarte shade range ? Im boycotting the brand till they fix this issue . its sad when a brand with so many resorces makes this bad of a move that i may never trust them agian.Shame on you tarte!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Do you mean there is a business ethics question.......or do you just not like the colors they produce?   I'm kinda confused.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

At this time its both  .

Valued Contributor

I think the furor over the shades is ridiculous. Tarte has plenty of shades in various ranges, not something people should get all defensive about. Too many chips on too many shoulders; some just want to stir up trouble and find racial slurs in every corner. I for one am tired to death of these tirades.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

At this time its both  .

There are many Makeup brands out there that have  limited shade range. IT Cosmetics is one also. I feel like if you are very fair or a woman of color then it my be hard to find  shade with a lot of brands. 

Jackie Aina on YouTube called out Jamie Kern Lima after It posted her speech on their website and Jamie told the story of how the beauty industry doesn’t include “ certain women of age, color, etc.” Jackie simply called her out by reminding her that IT’s shade range is one of the worst available for a company that just sold for billions of dollars. 

I have to agree with her on this. Fenty Beauty and the drugstore offer way more shades that a lot of the well known brands. It’s terrible IMO. 

Respected Contributor

No. There is nothing to be done. Tarte is running a business.

They do their business how it works for them.

I buy or don't buy the product. That is my choice.

If they don't have a product that works for me. I don't boycott them. I buy from a line that has a product or color that works for me. I do this all of the time.

I don't demand that they make a foundation that does work for me.

I do not know what goes into a business deciding what colors they include in their foundation line. 

I am sure that there are a lot of things that go into that decision.

I am also sure that one of those decisions is "Let's exclude people & see if we can hurt people.".

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm confused as to what the issue is.

While the Tarte BB creams and tinted moisturizers don't offer a variety of shades, I went to Tarte's website and the foundations have anywhere from 15-25 shade choices depending on which foundation you are looking for.

What shade range are you talking about?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  She's talking about the new Shape Tape foundation, and the lack of shades for people of color.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Tarte shape tape comes in a range from fair to mahagony.    It's a pretty wide range but finding the perfect color can be hard even with a lot of choices.  I see nothing amiss with the offering.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte being shady

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I think the furor over the shades is ridiculous. Tarte has plenty of shades in various ranges, not something people should get all defensive about. Too many chips on too many shoulders; some just want to stir up trouble and find racial slurs in every corner. I for one am tired to death of these tirades.

@zitawins, I think you post would have been more effective if you had just stopped after your first two sentences.

The rest seemed like unnecesssary political commentary, something that the OP herself avoided.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland