Super Contributor

I adore Shawn, and she probably has nothing to do with the info she provides, but I have a bone to pick with QVC, and it's because they pull this stunt A LOT. Tonight I heard Shawn say that the Tarte Swamp Queen Palette is EXCLUSIVE to QVC and Tarte's own website. She failed to say it's also available at this little place called SEPHORA. It's not new, I bought mine at Sephora months ago! I do like it, btw, and recommend it if you like Tarte. Anyway, i wanted to vent for a minute, because they do this often, and it's inaccurate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte Swamp Queen Palette

@Sameolmollysmama wrote:

I adore Shawn, and she probably has nothing to do with the info she provides, but I have a bone to pick with QVC, and it's because they pull this stunt A LOT. Tonight I heard Shawn say that the Tarte Swamp Queen Palette is EXCLUSIVE to QVC and Tarte's own website. She failed to say it's also available at this little place called SEPHORA. It's not new, I bought mine at Sephora months ago! I do like it, btw, and recommend it if you like Tarte. Anyway, i wanted to vent for a minute, because they do this often, and it's inaccurate.

I bought mine off of Tarte.com

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

I bought my daughter one from Tarte's website for 30% off during the holidays. It is a beautiful palette but if you can, wait for a Tarte sale!

Trusted Contributor

It is no longer available at Sephora, so the statement was accurate.

Honored Contributor

This is nit picking, but "exclusive" implies that QVC was the only one besides the website to get it originally.  Exclusive cannot mean 10 other retailers sold out.  Personally I couldn't care less, what bugs me is a lower price mis-statement. 

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

This is nit picking, but "exclusive" implies that QVC was the only one besides the website to get it originally.  Exclusive cannot mean 10 other retailers sold out.  Personally I couldn't care less, what bugs me is a lower price mis-statement. 

You are incorrect - exclusive is current/real time.

Honored Contributor

Plenty of them on ebay too.

Respected Contributor

I think it's very strange that QVC sells Bunny's palette.  How many older women even know who the swamp queen is?  

Trusted Contributor

Actually the statement has a negative effect on my perception.  Anything made just for QVC suggests a dumbed down version or somehow lesser quality.  I would feel better if I knew it was available elsewhere.  Then again, there would be little reason to buy fromQVC unless there was special pricing or a kit. free shipping and samples, always encourages shopping elsewhere!

Regular Contributor

Shawn is so fake....can't stand to watch her shows EVER.  IF she really used everything she claims, she'd never have time to be 'on air'....  and her credibility is NON -EXISTENT.    So many times her facts are totally bogus.  ...and does she own a mirror???