Honored Contributor

Tarte Starting New Line of Products

[ Edited ]

Can you believe Tarte has been around for 20 years? Founder Maureen Kelly launched the beauty brand in 1999, and I can still remember obsessing over its Cheek Stains back in the day. It's been awesome to see a company that's committed to cruelty-free cosmetics expand so much over the last couple of decades. And now, just in time for this important anniversary, Tarte is branching out with a new line that's sure to get as much love as its big-sister brand.

Sugar Rush launched on Sunday and, like Tarte, this colorful new collection dabbles in both makeup and skin care with "good-for-you ingredients to create longwear, skin-loving formulas with recyclable packaging that pops," according to a press release. But just because it's presented in super-cute packaging doesn't mean Kelly hasn't taken what's inside seriously. Everything in the collection is cruelty-free, vegan, naturally-derived, and dermatologist-tested.

“At Tarte, we’ve always believed that you shouldn’t have to choose between beauty that works and beauty that’s good for you,” Kelly says in the Sugar Rush press release, which indicates that the brand has its sights set on young adults (or anyone who feels like one). “For Sugar Rush, we went straight to the source, taking inspiration from Gen Z’ers in our office and in our lives to deliver products that are sweeter without the icky bad stuff, but most importantly — fun!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

Re: Tarte Starting New Line of Products

that would have been cool if Tarte and Q launched something for this week's TSV, instead of old products. Good opportunity missed there.

Honored Contributor

This would be really good and Tarte does not test on animals but they were bought by a company, Kose, that does test on animals, from what I've read. That is too bad as Tarte (and Maureen's brand) have always been cruelty free.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Can't believe Tart's TSV is this old eyeshadow palette I bought this 2 years ago. Even though it is a nice palette whats with selling old merchandise! 

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Can't believe Tart's TSV is this old eyeshadow palette I bought this 2 years ago. Even though it is a nice palette whats with selling old merchandise! 

I couldn't agree more. How about some new products.  I do have to admit that I did like the presentation of the products better than other shows.  They actually showed the colors of the shadows on her arm and she described every color.  They showed swatches of the color foundations instead of showing people with a certain skin tone which is worthless to me.  Its hard to tell if it has yellow in it that way.  If they had a new color palette in the eyeshadow, I would of been interested.