Honored Contributor

I'm always trying new concealers, drugstore and otherwise. I've had better luck with drugstore, honestly. Having porcelain skin and dark circles, it's very difficult to find something I'm happy with.

I think concealer is the most over promised makeup product. So I don't want to spend on the Tarte and just be disappointed again. 

Anyone love or dislike the shape tape? They claim it doesn't settle in lines, but everyone claims that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Re: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer

I really like it. It’s the only concealer I’ve ever used for any length of time. I usually move on to something else but this one seems to do the trick.

Valued Contributor

Ive never tried it but I’ve heard it works

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I purchased this one but chucked it for Cle de peau instead.

i prefer a cream concealer, but that is just me.❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Lots of people love it but I wasn't impressed.  IMO, the key thing is to address certain issues via skincare first rather than try in vain to cover them up and expect unrealistic results.  After that, the way concealer is applied can impact the end result.

Frequent Contributor

I love it.  Along with the much more expensive Touche by Terry (no longer on QVC), it's my favorite.  It works much better and goes on more smoothly than any of the "IT" concealers.

Honored Contributor

Have never tried IT, or Tarte.

Still very much liking Doll 10 with the double ended brush.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I had read many good things about this product and was thinking of trying it, but then a youtube reviewer that I like and who had been using this for awhile (and liked it) reported that she was switching to something else because over time she found it very drying.

So, I just figured I'd go with that recommendation since the last thing I need is drier under eye skin.

Maybe I would have liked it, but now I'll never know. 

Respected Contributor

I love the coverage, but it's very dry.  JMHO.  I only use concealer under the eyes.  I've had the same tube for a couple of years.... It doesn't get used because of the dryness.  And, it does setlle into lines on me.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone, I won't be buying. I don't think a concealer exists that doesn't settle into lines, don't think that's possible. You just have to find one that settles less. Usually to get the coverage you have to put up with that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"