Regular Contributor

Tarte Maracuja Tinted Moisturizer

Any thoughts on this product? Thanks 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte Maracuja Tinted Moisturizer

@jobiz wrote:

Any thoughts on this product? Thanks 

I think all the ingredients look good. Nothing bad in it. The only thing is you only get 1 ounce for $29+....sort of expensive as a moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

@jobiz 

I have it but don't reach for it anymore.  I remember it being fine but I was new to tinted moisturizers.  I think I'll get it back out use it today.  I guess I can't really say yay or nay.  I'll use it today and let you know what I think.  For reference I have dry skin but it's kept very hydrated and moisturized so I don't have any dry and/or flaky patches.  

Esteemed Contributor

I did try it and was not able to find a color match I was happy with. It seems like it was also too moisturizing for my skin, if that makes sense. I remember feeling a bit like an oil slick by end of day. I would say I have avg skin to oily (in places) skin.

I am still on search for a tinted moisturizer I actually like. I was using Dr Denese product for years and it was okay and the color was fine. But she switched her formula and since the reviews were less than great, I have not reordered.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@jobiz   Anything with Maracuja is excellent.  I know the oil is excellent for the skin.  I have tried a few times to purchase one of Tarte's foundations with no luck because they are too yellow for my skin.  If you lean toward warm (yellow) you will love their products.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jobiz 

I have mine on now but it doesn't say moisturizer, it says "hydrator" so I don't know if we have the same product.  My coloring is neutral leaning cool.  I first applied an essence, Glow Recipe PHA toner, The Ordinary High Spreadibility Primer before the Tarte product.  I like it!  Looks good, feels like nothing.  Added some Lancome Tiente Idole concealer under my eyes.  I just checked the website.  They call their moisturizer a hydrator.

maracuja tinted moisturizer

light-buildable, natural radiant (I thought I noticed a tiny bit of radiance).  I have shade 20N Light Neutral.  I'll definitely start using this again!  Thanks Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Well darn @Katcat1 I'm neutral leaning cool and just applied this in the color 20N.  It looks good to me.