Super Contributor

Re: Tarte Maracuja Oil vs. Josie Maran Argan Oil

WOW ! Thanks again ladies ! These prices are terrific, and sure beat Josie's prices ! I hope more women know about this! I hate for them to believe as I did, that her's might be the only source of argan oil in that big expensive bottle. I'm going to check all of these out.

So glad you all took the time to inform me and hope others read this and make some good decisions as well ! You are very nice to share what you know ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thank you so much.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 HappyDaze said:

Shea terra organics sells pure, certified organic argan oil and pure maracuja oil for a lot better price. Their products are great- pure, cold pressed and unrefined for maximum benefits.

For maracuja oil, it is $24 for 2 oz. For argan oil, it is 2oz for $24 or 4 oz for $42. But you they always offer 30% off so actually $16.80 for 2 oz.

HD, I checked out STO's Maracuja oil (a.k.a., Passion Fruit Seed oil) because I had always figured that since it was not of African origin but from Brazil, that was the reason they didn't sell it.

Turns out that the Maracuja oil they now sell is from Rwanda. I can't find any info on Passion Fruit Seed oil from Rwanda other than the blurb on their own item page.

Just curious as to how it compares to the Brazilian oil.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Shea terra organics sells pure, certified organic argan oil and pure maracuja oil for a lot better price. Their products are great- pure, cold pressed and unrefined for maximum benefits.

For maracuja oil, it is $24 for 2 oz. For argan oil, it is 2oz for $24 or 4 oz for $42. But you they always offer 30% off so actually $16.80 for 2 oz.

HD, I checked out STO's Maracuja oil (a.k.a., Passion Fruit Seed oil) because I had always figured that since it was not of African origin but from Brazil, that was the reason they didn't sell it.

Turns out that the Maracuja oil they now sell is from Rwanda. I can't find any info on Passion Fruit Seed oil from Rwanda other than the blurb on their own item page.

Not really sure because I haven't tried STO's maracuja oil. I actually don't like maracuja oil (at least not Tarte's) because it broke me out, which is a rare thing for me.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Not really sure because I haven't tried STO's maracuja oil. I actually don't like maracuja oil (at least not Tarte's) because it broke me out, which is a rare thing for me.

The only Maracuja oil I tried was from a seller on eBay. It was okay, but no big deal. I had to dump it, though, because each time I removed or put back the dropper, I would cut myself on what was a rough spot on the bottle. Weird. Here I was more concerned about whether the quality of the oil would be okay, even though the seller was top-rated, yet I'm getting slashed each time by the bottle itself. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland