Honored Contributor

@jobiz wrote:

Wow, I am surprised by the reviews. I am loving it!

I am really surprised too!  I think it is one of my top two mascaras ever!

I have deep black color, volume and length.  I didn't get any clumping, sticking or black beads.

I already reordered another set.

Sorry it didn't work for others!

Esteemed Contributor
I agree. I bought the superhero and it is horrible. I went back and purchased the Loreal Carbon black and telescopic. The only high end brand I have liked is the better then sex. I am done with high end mascara. The super hero was so messy. The wand is way to long which makes it hard to use.
Esteemed Contributor
I have seen good reviews on the Trish MCenvoy.

I LOVE my results too! Except trying to remove it. EEK! I use an oil based makeup remover that works for everything I've ever worn, but taking this off is like scraping paint off a wall. Anything work well for you? 

Esteemed Contributor

To me, these brushes look good in theory but never work out for me. One of my favorite brushes out of all the brushes, both high end and low end is Jordana. I use that for my first coat and L'Oreal Volumious in carbon black for the rest of coats. The combo of those two is the best for me. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

By the way ladies, why is this new Tarte one so bad?  Besides the clumping, does it not give the volume they state.  The day it was launched, I was not impressed with the results at all on the model.  It didn't look very volumizing.

My eyelashes stuck together in little bunches of black yuck with little black beads stuck to them as well. I twirled the brush as instructed while applying. I tried getting them separated with one of those little brushes that's on the end of my eyebrow pencil to no avail, they were stuck together like they were glued w/black tar.

Thanks for the info!  I'm passing!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Whenever I want to try a new high end or expensive product, I always look for a sample to buy on Ebay. I purchased Bobbi Brown's Eye Opening mascara sample on Ebay, and I am glad I only spent about 6.00 because it is awful. I love her Smoky Lash mascara, so I though I would love this one too, did not....A lot of the sample sizes on Ebay are freebies that people received and they turn around and sell them for pretty cheap....

Honored Contributor

I started a new thread about this before I saw this one.

Hated this mascara and I am still kicking myself for falling for the presentation blah blah blah.

Burned, flaked, wasn't a good deep black, didn't do anything they said in the presentation.

This is my second try with Tarte Mascaras.  I'm not going for a third!

Trusted Contributor

I recently tried "They're Real" mascara  from Ulta. It was $24.00 which is the most I've ever paid for one tube. With that being said, so far I love it-no clumping, it stays on all day and is simple to remove with eye makeup remover.

Frequent Contributor

I have found that for me what works best is a mascara with the more natural look, thinner brush.  The thicker the brush, the more they clump on me, regardless of the price.  I recently bought a Mary Kay mascara for $15 called Love which is working well but for my son's wedding I bought a Dior and paid $42 but it was a thinner brush and it worked beautifully.  For me it is buyer beware for the brush, not so much the formula.