Valued Contributor

Tarte Lip Gloss--Anyone Have This Happen?

I absolutely love the Lipsurgence sticks and have been using them for quite a while; however every time I try to use the lipgloss that came with my A/D delivery, it seems to eat up the skin on my lips. It almost looks like a burn or very, very chapped skin. I've stayed away from it and tried it again more than once and just can't seem to use it. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte Lip Gloss--Anyone Have This Happen?

No. Which gloss was this?

Honored Contributor

She has three or four formulas in these sticks. Some have peppermint, I think. Could this be your problem? For the life of me, I don't know why they think we all love "tingle." I hate it.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 depglass said:

She has three or four formulas in these sticks. Some have peppermint, I think. Could this be your problem? For the life of me, I don't know why they think we all love "tingle." I hate it.

Same here. Anything with peppermint extract or oil in it =peeling lips for me. I avoid any plumping or tingle lip products like the plague. Use it once, and my lips are hurting and feeling the effects for up to 3 days afterwards.

Super Contributor

Yes, I find them very drying...I think it is the peppermint.