Contributor

Tarte Holiday 2015 Collection

myself and family members have enjoyed using TARTE... BUT...I could not get any of the eyeliners to work.... natta nothing!.... after looking at the lip colors.... they seemed much brighter and not sure the person I bought this for will like the colors.... she is young and doesn't need the eye cream.... so pretty much a DUD for a Christmas gift.... probably be sending it backSmiley Embarassed(   anyone else have issues with the eyeliners?

was like it had wax on it and would not mark anything

Super Contributor

Re: Tarte Holiday 2015 Collection

Not too sure about this set either. Brushes are throw ways, not empressed with the eye cream or jar packaging, lip colors are quite bright in the lipsurgece and the glosses are sticky. That said I do like the eye shadows, mascara and eyeliners. By the way, the cap that come off is covering the smudger not the eyeliner tip, the eyeliner tip is almost imperceptible but comes off the other end. Didn't know if perhaps you were trying the wrong end because I find the eyeliner soft, creamy, easy to apply. When I applied the colors to my hand to check the color they didn't smudge once dry.

Honored Contributor

I've kind of given up on those big blockbusters by Tarte.  The eye pencils are rock hard and I never like the glosses--no pigment.  Sometimes the mascaras is dried out too.  I'm not impressed with Tarte's big blockbuster kits.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

Do you sharpen the eyeliner or is it retractable?

Regular Contributor

These eye liners are retractable.  They are the best pencil liners I've ever tried!  I got the 6-pc set A270434 right away when I saw them offered. 

Contributor

I ordered the Tarte eyeliner set - 2 of them.... 1 for me and 1 for a gift.... well I was using the eyeliner for the 2015 collection.... and I'm not fond of them  -- it is difficult to get all of the eyeliner off..... I plan on sending the collection back.... but.... I should be receiving the 2 sets of eyeliners any day...... is there a way to send it back without opening it?