Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation with Deco Brush

[ Edited ]

It feels heavy and looks like a mask on the skin, regardless of how little you try to use. Very unnatural, imo. Very full coverage (which I don't need or want) and looks a bit dry on the skin. It will accentuate any dryness you have on your skin. I very much disliked it. Oh and Sephora carries wayyyy more shades. Many are too yellow but they do have a few that are neutral or more pink toned. I have the brush (mine is plain though) and don't like it either- it is a bit scratchy and leaves behind fibers sometimes. I much prefer the RT's brush or Eco Tools brush then Tarte's.

Respected Contributor

oh boy, won't be happy with this if this is the case. I do have dry skin and hate a heavy or full foundation feel on my face. I certainly don't want to show up lines/wrinkles either.

I  guess this will go back, shame, hate losing $10 when I have to return something. I just thought this was such a good deal, 2 for $54 plus the brush, bummer.

Respected Contributor

those that said this isn't for dry skin, right. I do have very dry skin. I used it the first day and looked sort of pasty so the next day I tried spritzing with water than applying, still looked pasty and very dry. I almost looked like I had a mask on.

It is a full coverage foundation which I really don't need or want. I did like the brush a lot but not the foundation for my very dry skin.

While it didn't settle into fine lines which I have at the corners of my eyes it did accentuate them more so, will stick with my L'Oreal tru match lumi now, looks and feels good all day/night.

Regular Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

those that said this isn't for dry skin, right. I do have very dry skin. I used it the first day and looked sort of pasty so the next day I tried spritzing with water than applying, still looked pasty and very dry. I almost looked like I had a mask on.

It is a full coverage foundation which I really don't need or want. I did like the brush a lot but not the foundation for my very dry skin.

While it didn't settle into fine lines which I have at the corners of my eyes it did accentuate them more so, will stick with my L'Oreal tru match lumi now, looks and feels good all day/night.

Sorry this didn't work out for you.  I just discovered this foundation and like it for my slightly dry/combo skin but I agree not great for very dry skin.  I really like the finish and especially my shade match

(Fair Sand) which is always toughest part for me but I do think it will be perfect for me in warmer months when my skin is less dry.  For now I'm mixing this foundation with a drop of argan oil and it thins it out perfectly so that it's easy to sheer out and isn't drying. Really a nice solution for me for now but I can certainly see how this foundation is not ideal for very dry skin. Glad the Loreal True Match is a winner for you.

Respected Contributor

griffy, glad it works for you and using the argon oil, good idea.

I am sure this is a great foundation for anyone with normal or normal combo or even a more oily complexion, just not for those with super dry skin as I have, shame too, loved the brush though.

Valued Contributor

It is heavy and mask like on the face.  I have it in bag, but have not reached for it since I fout IT foundations.  Too heavy for me. 

Regular Contributor

I have occasional rosaica on my cheeks and have found this good at covering that to blend well with my skin tone.  I've used the light-medium for years

Respected Contributor

@Violet Fields wrote:

Hi doglover, I was going to get this one day at Ulta, but the SA steered me away from it. She said it's not good for dry skin, which now I'm wondering about since others here are saying it works for them. I agree that the shades are yellow-toned, at least the ones I was trying were.

this is what I should have done, gone to Ulta. I did this when BE first came out with their serum foundation, went there to be color matched and asked if that was good for dry skin.

I like that they tell me what is best for my dry and somewhat sensitive skin and found so many HG by doing that so, should have gone there first before ordering this Tarte.

I am sure this is very good for normal, normal to oily and maybe even for normal to a little dry but certainly not for very dry skin.

Regular Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@Violet Fields wrote:

Hi doglover, I was going to get this one day at Ulta, but the SA steered me away from it. She said it's not good for dry skin, which now I'm wondering about since others here are saying it works for them. I agree that the shades are yellow-toned, at least the ones I was trying were.

this is what I should have done, gone to Ulta. I did this when BE first came out with their serum foundation, went there to be color matched and asked if that was good for dry skin.

I like that they tell me what is best for my dry and somewhat sensitive skin and found so many HG by doing that so, should have gone there first before ordering this Tarte.

I am sure this is very good for normal, normal to oily and maybe even for normal to a little dry but certainly not for very dry skin.

If you have a Sephora near you (I certainly don't), you could get a sample to take home and try. That way you wouldn't have to return anything. I've returned so many things to Ulta - hope it doesn't count against my account! I also love when they suggest something I never would've considered and it works out!

Respected Contributor

@Violet Fields wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

@Violet Fields wrote:

If you have a Sephora near you (I certainly don't), you could get a sample to take home and try. That way you wouldn't have to return anything. I've returned so many things to Ulta - hope it doesn't count against my account! I also love when they suggest something I never would've considered and it works out!

No, no Sephora near me only an Ulta which is only 7 minutes away so I go there. They have never said anything about returns and always very polite. I too like when they suggest something or tell me not to get something, helpful.