Honored Contributor

Tara Skincare - Black Friday 2021

[ Edited ]

I got an email with a BF discount code to save 30%, effective thru 11/28. They also ship for free on orders over $99. I don't see the code on the website so if you're interested, try signing up for their email. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tara Skincare - Black Friday 2021

I can't believe I forgot to place my order last night 🤦‍♀️.  Got it done today. Several months worth of tretinoin is on its way, shipping for free, and I  saved $34+change with the discount code.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I've ordered from TaraSC for years, but the payment methods have driven me away.  Way back, they accepted PayPal, no problems.  Next, it was no PayPal, and I had to set up a Zelle payment account with my bank.  Next, they required a different Zelle payment account.  Starting to get annoyed.  Last time, they wanted Google pay, which I have linked to my credit card, but no, Google had to be allowed access to my checking account.  No, not gonna happen.  This Black Friday Sale, they now accept crypto currency.  Give me a break, stick with "normal" payment methods if you want my business.

Lola
Honored Contributor

@WhateverLolaWants wrote:

I've ordered from TaraSC for years, but the payment methods have driven me away.  Way back, they accepted PayPal, no problems.  Next, it was no PayPal, and I had to set up a Zelle payment account with my bank.  Next, they required a different Zelle payment account.  Starting to get annoyed.  Last time, they wanted Google pay, which I have linked to my credit card, but no, Google had to be allowed access to my checking account.  No, not gonna happen.  This Black Friday Sale, they now accept crypto currency.  Give me a break, stick with "normal" payment methods if you want my business.

I just paid with a e-check. Easy peasy 

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  would you mind explaining the echeck and how it works? Thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marybella wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  would you mind explaining the echeck and how it works? Thank you!

@Marybella  It's paying from your checking account without mailing a paper check.  When you click on the option at checkout, there are spaces to add your bank info, routing number and account number.  The company processes it as a check and it is deducted from your account the way a paper check would be.  It's safe.  When you're  on a website, look for the lock in the address bar to know it's a safe site. 

Let me know if you need any clarification. 😊

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch Thanks for the explanation. I don't feel comfortable giving out my bank information, so that won't work. A few years ago there was another method, whose name I don't remember, worked well and I felt safe using it. It was an app I downloaded.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marybella wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Thanks for the explanation. I don't feel comfortable giving out my bank information, so that won't work. A few years ago there was another method, whose name I don't remember, worked well and I felt safe using it. It was an app I downloaded.

@Marybella  It's ultimately your choice, but what do you think happens when you pay someone with a paper check, or put your info in on an app?  You're giving them your bank information.  🤷‍♀️

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I hear ya, but it just doesn't feel comfortable giving this info to a company in India. I just wish they would take a credit card by which Capital One creates a "fake" card to use with online companies. 

Honored Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I hear ya, but it just doesn't feel comfortable giving this info to a company in India. I just wish they would take a credit card by which Capital One creates a "fake" card to use with online companies. 

Tara Skincare is in California, not India.