Trusted Contributor
Is there a self tanning product anywhere that doesn't accentuate freckles and age spots? TIA
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi KCDiva,

My absolute favorite tanning product is MineTan Coconut Coffee Tanning Foam w/Mitt.

The results are just that.....your tan and the way your skin would tan naturally. No orange, streaking or funny smell. I leave it on for the duration of 3 hours so I can get the darkest shade of tan. I just ordered the MineTan Coconut Tanning Foam on auto-delivery since the coffee choice was not available on that plan. I am a coffee and coconut lover so I am in heaven with the the scent, but the coconut coffee was never over powering. This didn't matter to me because I use Philosophy Coconut Splash fragrance mist especially in the summer. Also, lastly I am of a mature age 64+ and I don't have any issues with this product accentuating freckles or age spots. 

Give it a try and I hope you have great results like I have had in the past and will always continue to have! Let me know what you think if you decide to purchase it. If you have anymore ????'s about MineTan just reach out to me, ok?

Honored Contributor

I use MineTan also. I don't see that it makes the freckles on my legs darker. I think the spots look darker when my skin is whiter, without a tan on them...contrast thing going on there I would have to say. The MineTan foams are the best self tanning products I have ever used. So easy to apply, never streaks and they don't stink. My tan lasts a long time and when it starts to fade it does that all over and not splotchy. What I like to do is apply it after I shower, let it develop for at least four hours or more and then apply body lotion on top. I don't rinse the tanner off at all. Then the next day when I wake up I can apply another coat of the MineTan if I want to have a darker tan, which I have done and it comes out very nice. I always moisturize afterwards to prevent looking dry but the MineTan product itself is not drying...I just want to look very moisturized and it will help prolong the tan, too.

Respected Contributor

Which Mine Tan is everyone using?

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

Which Mine Tan is everyone using?

@Valstybaby 

So far I've used Caramel foam and also Violet foam. The Caramel is more golden and the Violet is more brown. The shades are very forgiving and I can even layer the two shades together if I want. On the MineTan website it says if you can't decide on a color then the Olive compliments all skin tones and that would be a good one for starters. The Olive is the next shade I will be trying when I run out. But that will be a while because you get a lot of product in the bottles. I suggest that you get the mitt. The mitt makes all the difference in the world...no streaking and it makes it so easy to apply the foam. I think you'll like the stuff.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm using MINETAN too.    The one I'm using they say is NEW, A352360, but it's not.  It's the set they originally introduced by COCO...   I forget his first name.  Supposedly the Tanning King!   I bought a set and liked it so much I repurchased.   This is the same set but without his name.  I use the lighter one on my face and the darker one on my body.  I don't even use the mit.   I just apply with my hands and wash my hands immediately.  The color is magnificent and there is almost no smell at all....   and I'm VERY SENSITIVE about the smell.  FABULOUS SET.     I think I'll try the coconut coffee one recommended, since I LOVE both of those scents (and to eat/drink as well!!!).   

Frequent Contributor
I thought I would hop on this thread since I have been curious about MineTan.
I had used Bare Minerals Faux Tan last year and while i loved the color it gave me, the smell bothered me. Plus it is more difficult to find.

I have never used a foam and so it makes me a bit nervous but my main question is this.
How do you get the tops of your hands tan without the dreaded orange palms?
Thanks!
Honored Contributor

@Smc09 wrote:
I thought I would hop on this thread since I have been curious about MineTan.
I had used Bare Minerals Faux Tan last year and while i loved the color it gave me, the smell bothered me. Plus it is more difficult to find.

I have never used a foam and so it makes me a bit nervous but my main question is this.
How do you get the tops of your hands tan without the dreaded orange palms?
Thanks!

I always use a mitt when I apply self tanners. The MineTan drys really fast so you can switch the mitt almost right away and do the other hand within a very short time. @Smc09 

Super Contributor

This is not a self tanner, but will last a couple of showers, if you don't scrub!  Westmore Body Coverage Perfector.  It blurs the dark spots so they do not STAND OUT!  I am 67 and have many dark spots, moles---ugliness. I've tried many products through the years and this one is my fave.  It doesn't look like a "tan" really---just like a nice natural skin tone.  I have many many compliments on it---and that is good for my age!  

Trusted Contributor
I have Mine Tan foam and it's like all the others for me. I think that's just what they do sometimes. I don't really care usually but I am going to a wedding and wish I could wear a dress. I miss pantyhose. Lol thanks ladies.