Trusted Contributor

Do you still use one despite the risks of getting skin cancer?

Valued Contributor

No!

Respected Contributor

No.  In fact I just started using my Jergens glow over the weekend.  Need to get the legs tanned before I show them. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Honored Contributor

Re: Tanning beds?

[ Edited ]

No. Never have and never will use a tanning bed.

Honored Contributor

About 5 years ago all the Tanning Salons closed in our area but recently 3 new ones have opened.

I thought they were gone but apparently not.

Respected Contributor

Have had skin cancer on my face and I never used a tanning bed.  I would not ever consider it.

Honored Contributor

Does one still eat bacon despite the risks of getting colon cancer?

Honored Contributor

The same can be asked about smoking, use of toxic chemical cleaners, have yard sprayed with toxic chemicals, use chemical sunscreens and so many things in life that are causes of cancer.  I never used a tanning bed because of the fact that most are not very clean and for me it's not about the tan but love of the sun - and of course the tan is a bonus.  I have never smoked, don't use chemicals to clean, stay clear of strong sunscreens above SPF 15, don't use chemical bug killers or weed killers but before anyone jumps on this post because I like the sun and don't constantly slather myself with harmful sunscreens - realize that we all have something that maybe might cause cancer or issues.  If anyone likes tanning beds I won't criticize or try to shame.  Use of them for special occasions is not going to do much harm or moderate use occasionally and it's those that overuse them that might maybe have issues.

Honored Contributor

I've never used one.   

I'm personally not a fan of tanning of any kind.  I'm very fair and prefer to stay this way.

Respected Contributor
No, I have never had to use them. I live in a high desert area. I have to use sunscreen!