Respected Contributor

Examples from Amazon

Product Details 15.88

Product Details 8.98

Product Details 14.59

Product Details 9.50

Product Details 8.99

Product Details 12.97

All are easy to find by typing detangling brush.

Valued Contributor
On 8/16/2014 sjk73 said:
On 8/15/2014 Nicole WI said: How do you remove the excess water from your hair when you finish cleansing your hair?

What I do is after my final rinse, I take my head from underneath the shower and just shake it loose a bit so it's not sticking to my back from being so wet. I then take almost one whole pump of cleansing conditioner and start at the ends and rake up the mid lengths and then the root area, I don't run into my scalp, I get my fingers in there and sort of rub the hair very close to scalp, then I twist it in the pony tail area, I twist and as I'm twisting, I'm taking my fingers and making a pushing motion all down the twisted pony tail after that I roll it up in my hand and squeeze like, squeeze, squeeze squeeze then let go and by then it's not dripping anymore and I can feel my hair has absorbed what I just put in. I then do the exact same thing with one whole pump of styling creme of my choice. Now by that time it's really not dripping anymore, just soaking wet. When I'm done putting in whatever I'm putting in that day, I just clip it up out of the way until ready to blow dry or let air dry. That's it. Hope this helped.Smile

Yes, sounds like you are doing everything you can not to tangle your hair while drying it. Smiley Happy My niece is a WEN girl (she is only 13) and I could not figure out how she was getting tangles in her thick, wet, coarse hair until I watched her dry it with a towel like she was drying off a wet dog or something! LOL! I was just curious about if you were rubbing your hair like she was or not... My niece does have the green detangling brush shown above in pink, green, and blue. She really likes it when her hair gets sweaty after sports. It might be worth a try! Smiley Happy
Contributor

The Detangling Brushes did not work for me. But your never supposed to brush your hair when its wet. I first condition my hair then blow dry the hair an lately i used the Wen banana scent spray but anything usually works. After its dried then i gently comb through...

Honored Contributor
On 8/16/2014 sjk73 said:
On 8/15/2014 Nicole WI said: How do you remove the excess water from your hair when you finish cleansing your hair?

What I do is after my final rinse, I take my head from underneath the shower and just shake it loose a bit so it's not sticking to my back from being so wet. I then take almost one whole pump of cleansing conditioner and start at the ends and rake up the mid lengths and then the root area, I don't run into my scalp, I get my fingers in there and sort of rub the hair very close to scalp, then I twist it in the pony tail area, I twist and as I'm twisting, I'm taking my fingers and making a pushing motion all down the twisted pony tail after that I roll it up in my hand and squeeze like, squeeze, squeeze squeeze then let go and by then it's not dripping anymore and I can feel my hair has absorbed what I just put in. I then do the exact same thing with one whole pump of styling creme of my choice. Now by that time it's really not dripping anymore, just soaking wet. When I'm done putting in whatever I'm putting in that day, I just clip it up out of the way until ready to blow dry or let air dry. That's it. Hope this helped.Smile

WOW! I know you're having tangles and all, and I don't mean to be snarky at all, but if I had that much hair I would be SO thrilled! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

Do you come your hair only after you get out of the shower or before you get in the shower and then as you are cleansing? if you aren't combing until after getting out of the shower then your wet hair is going to easily become tangled.

Super Contributor
Loribeth, in your past posts you were having great success with your hair and wen, maybe go back to what ever wen routine and formulas you were using then, that might help. Noticed you loved the WVM, it will be offered again this winter.
Trusted Contributor
If your hair is longer than it was two years ago, you have to increase the number of pumps you use. Add more cc to the ends and wherever you have the most tangles, use your fingers to gently detangle and then follow up with the Wen comb.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Super Contributor

I keep a spray bottle with water and conditioner mixed and spray it generously on my hair after cleansing--much easier to comb through~

Respected Contributor
On 8/16/2014 susan25 said:
On 8/16/2014 sjk73 said:
On 8/15/2014 MarLoCat said:

Johnson's No More Tangles Detangler Spray- 10 fl ozAussie Kids Detangler, Bloomin' Apple- 8 fl oz

A ha ha ha ha!!! Do these things really help? {#emotions_dlg.lol} I don't mean this in a bad way, just a silly way. I won't post anything negative. Just got a kick out of it.

I have never bought this but I suppose it could be a good solution to this problem. Before purchasing this I would read the reviews first.

I have very Long Waist-Length Hair & I use either the No More Tangles or the Aussie Apple & it works! Someone on the Beauty Banter has the De-tangling Brush & said it works Great! Bed-Bath & Beyond sells it...I'm going to try one{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all the help with problem hair. I saw one of those detangle brushes at Marshalls last week. I may pick one up. I am using a lot of the seasonals this summer. I didn't know Winter Vanilla Mint was coming back! It is my all time fave and I would buy gallons of it!!

I do comb my hair with the wen comb while in the shower. I'm thinking about buying some fig like suggested too. Thanks for all the replies!!