Super Contributor
My simple solution (and I have waist-length wavy dry hair) is--I went to the Baby section and bought a detangling leave-in spray!
I mainly use my fingers (while bent over at waist) to detangle---then a wide-toothed comb.
Respected Contributor

This morning I used watermelon WEN kids as my leave-in and was reminded all over again what a great detangler it is. Like you, I have serious tangle issues and the watermelon formula is a huge help. (smells great as a last step too).

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the WEN kids suggestion islandgrrl! I tried the watermelon this afternoon and I had next to no tangles! Not to mention I love the watermelon scent. Perfect for summer! I've always had entirely too much hair. I will say that since I've been using WEN I've had the best hair ever personally. My hair is getting so long some days I just feel like cuting it all off. Anyone else feel the same way?

Respected Contributor

LoriBeth: SO glad you like watermelon. Love the scent...love the detangling properties. My tender head never wants to be without it.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure someone has recommended Wen to you, and that works for me. I have rat's nest hair when I wake up; my hairdresser used to say I had the worst bedhead she ever saw in her life.

A couple of other helps for you (after you visit the Wen forum here and those gals will tell you which formula to try.)

1. Use a satiny "beauty" pillowcase. This prevents your hair from rolling around on itself and tangling at night when you sleep (or are doing "other" things, which are famous for tangling hair.) You would not believe how much this helps.

2. Until you find a better shampoo-conditioner combination (ie Wen--for example, if you are coarse and dry, Wen Fig might work well, along with the styling cream and there will be a TSV at the end of the month)--you can try a mayonnaise pack. Slather mayo (regular, not lite) into your hair, wrap with plastic wrap or a plastic shower cap and then a hot towel over top of that. After an hour or two, wash it out well. Do this once in a while. This is from the same hairdresser. If it skeeves you out to put mayo on your head, see the Wen people! FYI I use Wen (Tea Tree, as I need volume and I have fine hair that tangles.)