Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for this post!! I was considering them, but reluctant to buy yet another "tan"
product that might not work. Think I will purchase!!

Super Contributor

If you're going on AD read the fine print...it's reduced shipping on future shipments, not free. I love the color tan towels give, just not the parabens.

Respected Contributor
On 6/5/2014 sparklestar said:

Do they work? I mean really, really work?

Yes, they work.. depending on your expectations. I used them for years.. was on auto ship and let that fizzle out. Due to body chemistry and skin tone we're all going to react a little differently.

IF you're looking for a more subtle tan, which I like.. these are great & the easiest tanning method ever. This is the only ST I'll use on my face. The others look like ST on your face.. if ya know what I mean.

ETA: I should mention I'm a medium skin tone. If you're light or fair you're going to see a bigger difference I'd suspect.

Respected Contributor

I hope they're still good. They seem to be. My face has nice color after just a few uses. I just touched up my face and feet with TT stock left over from the auto ship.

I don't know why they need a separate face version other than marketing hype. The regular stronger version work great for the face.

Super Contributor
On 6/5/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I think Tan Towels has just about the most natural looking color. Yes, they work!

I agree, they work the best for me. For me they are the easiest, even though they do roll sometimes when you're trying to rub over the body, but they're easier to deal with than lotions or sprays which are messy. And they do look the most natural.

A tip that I've found works, I use them all over the body first, then do knees, elbows and ankles/feet last while there's less product on the towel so you don't get too dark in those areas. Then I wash my hands, and use a tissue to hold the towel (so I don't get it on my palms) to apply on the tops of my hands so I don't get too dark on my palms etc.

Honored Contributor

I dont self tan anymore, but I do have to say, you cannot beat these for ease of use and convenience.

Honored Contributor

7% back from HSN with ShopAtHome rebate.

Honored Contributor

I say go for it.

I love the delivery system for the Tan Towels. Kate Sommerville's offering might be as good, but I know her towels are more expensive.

The towelettes themselves make a big difference in the result. I've tried almost all types: mousse, lotion, spray, gradual, bronzer. The only one I haven't tried yet is oil. Towelettes are better.

With mousse or lotion, it seems to matter a lot that you get an even coating immediately. If it dries, you're done. If you miss a spot and cover it later in the session, even 30 seconds or a minute later, you can get a streak where there is overlap. And the edge of a streak against a completely missed spot is stark.

With towelettes you can take longer and the application is much more even--sheer in a way. You can go over the same spot twice or three times in a session just to be sure and it isn't that noticeably darker than a spot you only swiped once. You just go over everywhere slowly and thoroughly like buffing a car and you get a really even result.

If you do miss a spot, the edge is softer because the towelette lays down the product in a sheerer way, and the paper cloth sort of buffs the edge a little. You can still see a white patch but it's not quite as noticeable.

I'm on AD for the previous special, and I'm already a bit backed up. But I'm happy to know I can't run out. If you do AD, just be more realistic than I was about how often you will actually tan! Cheers!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

Thanks for this information! I was hoping for a TS on these and had no idea one was coming up so soon.

Super Contributor

I didn't realize until I checked at 11pm CST my time last night and saw that it was the TS!

Good luck to everyone that tries them. If you like to self-tan, these are a good choice IMO. And they're pretty expensive anywhere else, so take advantage of the TS on HSN.