Trusted Contributor

Re: Talk to Me About Lipstick

@pupwhipped 

I also love the IT je nais se quois!  A few weeks back there was a special for I think 6 of the serum versions.  I should have bought it.  lol.

I find the dior lip glow very similiar. 

Honored Contributor

@silkyk 

Who makes them?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@justashopper 

I tweezed my brows like most of us did but used eyebrow pencils that had fiber "hairs".  Don't need that anymore since I accidentally discovered Marula Oil encourages hair growth.  I've had to cut mine twice in the last two months.  They were getting to be wooly buggers!  The right one grew out faster than the left one but it's finally caught up.  I used 1/2 bottle of The Oridinary's Marula Oil when I started seeing more fullness in my brows.

I have seen you talk about this oil before  @monicakm and rave about it. Do you know if it might promote hair growth on the scalp? I'm getting very thin up top. My doctor said biotin put I don't see a difference. Besides Amazon where else is The Ordinary sold? 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@justashopper 

I tweezed my brows like most of us did but used eyebrow pencils that had fiber "hairs".  Don't need that anymore since I accidentally discovered Marula Oil encourages hair growth.  I've had to cut mine twice in the last two months.  They were getting to be wooly buggers!  The right one grew out faster than the left one but it's finally caught up.  I used 1/2 bottle of The Oridinary's Marula Oil when I started seeing more fullness in my brows.

I have seen you talk about this oil before  @monicakm and rave about it. Do you know if it might promote hair growth on the scalp? I'm getting very thin up top. My doctor said biotin put I don't see a difference. Besides Amazon where else is The Ordinary sold? 

@KBEANS try Ulta, they sell The Ordinary too.  Castor Oil, I know it sounds gross, but it supposedly helps a lot with hair growth.  You can find that on Ulta too as I know Shea Moisture sells it.

Honored Contributor

Aveda lipsticks are fabulous.  The color is rich, long lasting and taste like peppermint!  They are my favorite with MAC coming in second.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@justashopper 

Clinique has an excellent lipstick with moisture in the bullet.  It's called Dramatically Different.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@DearPrudence 

Oh no...theres no enablers on THIS forum! LOL

I like reading your comments, @monicakm . Heart

I always like to read about what you've been using for make-up.

You mentioned BH Cosmetics in a previous post...

Have you seen their lipstick palettes?!

I have to "put my arms behind my back" and hide them from my keyboard when I look there, because lipsticks are my weakness! Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

I like the deep, dark shades of lipstick. I usually prefer a gloss over a matte. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@justashopper 

Hi @KBEANS ,

I have been using Biotin for a few years now.

It does take time to work.

I take 10,000 mcg. daily.

It took time to work up to that, as I started at 2,500 mcg. daily for some time, then went to 5,000 mcg. daily for awile, and then to 10,000 mcg. a day, which is the top amount to take.

It's a water-soluble vitamin, so the body will eliminate what it doesn't need/use.

Personally, it has helped me and my husband has noticed a positive change with my hair.

It isn't as thin as it used to be.

It's by no means a drastic change, but I feel more comfortable with the way that I look now.

My hair was longer and I put off getting it cut due to Covid but it was looking kind of sick and scraggly with me not being well either, and going through an unexpected surgery for a right broken foot.

I had about 5-6 inches cut off, and it looks so much better now.

It's naturally curly and wavy more on the ends so with it being shorter, it also has more body now.

I tend to use shampoos/conditioners with coconut oil/products in them to help with frizziness, too.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy The Ordinary products from Amazon unless TO has their own store front on Amazon or if it's a product that Amazon stands behind as authentic.  I buy from The Ordinary.

According to my research on line and my experience with it making my eyebrow hairs longer and thicker, yes, it does promote hair growth.  I've never used it on my hair tho but I think I'm going to start.  I used 1/2 a bottle of The Ordinary's Marula Oil, every night,  when I noticed the increase in brow hairs.  I wasn't using it for that, I was using it as the last step in my nighttime facial routine to lock in the other products and moisturize.