Respected Contributor

Taking WEN Gallon on Vacation

I am leaving for a long extended vacation on Saturday. I am not sure how I am going to take the WEN gallon with me. Since I am leaving for quite a while, I need to buy and take many other beauty items etc in multiples I cannot buy where I am going. I just don't know if I will have room for the gallon. I might need to change what I use while I am away.

I am thinking I can probably transfer it to a another shampoo bottle but since I am still a WEN newbie, I don't know how I would make sure I am using the same amount of product. I have very short hair so I only use 2 pumps from the gallon. I need your help!!!!!

Thanks!!!

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Re: Taking WEN Gallon on Vacation

It's a little late to order the travel packs since you're leaving in 2 days. I'm not aware of anywhere in NYC that sells them. Are you flying or driving? How much CC do you think you'll need while you're gone? You can transfer the CC to another container and then just squeeze it out or dip your hand in and scoop what you need. When I get to the bottom of my gallons I just dump the rest into a quart plastic jar with a screw top lid. Do you have any smaller Wen bottles you could fill from your gallon to take with you?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 jaxs mom said:

It's a little late to order the travel packs since you're leaving in 2 days. I'm not aware of anywhere in NYC that sells them. Are you flying or driving? How much CC do you think you'll need while you're gone? You can transfer the CC to another container and then just squeeze it out or dip your hand in and scoop what you need. When I get to the bottom of my gallons I just dump the rest into a quart plastic jar with a screw top lid. Do you have any smaller Wen bottles you could fill from your gallon to take with you?

Hi jaxs mom. Thanks a lot!

I am flying to the Caribbean. I do not have smaller WEN bottles since the gallon was my first purchase of the cleansing conditioner. It looks like I will be gone for close to 6 months; my husband is temporarily being relocated. I have a full gallon that I would like to take with me.

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 NycVixen said:

I am flying to the Caribbean. I do not have smaller WEN bottles since the gallon was my first purchase of the cleansing conditioner. It looks like I will be gone for close to 6 months; my husband is temporarily being relocated. I have a full gallon that I would like to take with me.

Maybe you should have it shipped to your destination?

Regular Contributor

Another poster had mentioned she uses a measuring cup. This would be my suggestion. Measure out how much you use for one wash (eg, 2pumps =2oz {- just an ex. I don't know how much}) then calculate how many days you'll be gone/how many times you'll wash your hair ( eg. 8) Then you can figure out how much you'll need.

2oz each wash x 8 washes = 16 oz needed

Pour into another bottle and take your measuring cup with you and away you go!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Also, I believe you have Sephora in NYC. I have heard they have it there.

Good luck!

Regular Contributor

On 7/17/2014 MandySays said:

DHL is great for shipping to the Caribbean.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, where I am going the local post office is practically non-existent. This is why I am stressed and going crazy trying to hoard all the beauty items I use. It has been crazy.

Two weeks ago I sent a box through a shipping service from that country that takes 3 weeks to arrive with clothes etc me and my husband will need. Unfortunately, with all the stress I forgot to put the WEN gallon in there!!!!!! His family also asked us to include items for them and I was focused on pleasing them.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 DrCEB said:

Another poster had mentioned she uses a measuring cup. This would be my suggestion. Measure out how much you use for one wash (eg, 2pumps =2oz {- just an ex. I don't know how much}) then calculate how many days you'll be gone/how many times you'll wash your hair ( eg. 8) Then you can figure out how much you'll need.

2oz each wash x 8 washes = 16 oz needed

Pour into another bottle and take your measuring cup with you and away you go!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Also, I believe you have Sephora in NYC. I have heard they have it there.

Good luck!

Thanks so much. You know I read this and said out loud "This makes so much sense". With all the stress I can't think clearly. This is what I will do!!!!!!!!! I just need to figure out how to transfer the gallon. I need to get multiple containers but I have no empty bottles!!!!!!!!!!

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Drugstores will sell empty bottles for travel purposes.

Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 DrCEB said:

DHL is great for shipping to the Caribbean.

I also believe that having it shipped is probably your best option. If you are staying for 6 months having a gallon is probably a good idea. Not sure how long it will take to ship it but I would imagine that you can find a shipping company where you can get express shipping.