Trusted Contributor

Tacha cleansing oil or Josie Maran

I really like JM cleansing oil but I want to try Tacha when I need to reorder cleanser. Has anyone used both and which one did you prefer?
Super Contributor

Re: Tacha cleansing oil or Josie Maran

Tatcha was terribly drying for me
Esteemed Contributor

Tacha oil is my HG cleanser. Worth the splurge.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

does anyone use the clarisonic or hands only with this?  @queendiva do you also have the rice powder?

Trusted Contributor

when TATCHA first came to the Q I thought it outrageously expensive.  Surely I could recreate it with the components so readily available on Amazon.  Wrong, and I spent a fortune on the oils, silk powder, red algae.  They don't mix well at all and individually, they're just oils and ALL leave an oily residue, none effectively remove makeup.  TATCHA cleansing oil emulsifies with water, works great with my Clarisonic and rinses cleanly, completely.  A cotton ball and toner prove the makeup is cleansed away.

No, you don't need a second step.  The powder does gently exfoliate though and makes the cleansing routine complete.  

The he price of TATCHA cleansing oil has decreased by half during special offers and is IMO money well spent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care for JM's, it's thick and kind of sticky.  Tatcha is too expensive, IMO.  When Tatcha first launched on QVC, I was intrigued by the concept, but not the price, so I did an Amazon seach and found Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil.  I've reordered it several times and like it best of any cleansing oil I've tried.  Fleur de Lis Rice and Papaya Enzyme Powder is a complimentary product for gentle exfoliation.  A word of caution - the unscented smells terrible.  I'm not crazy about the lavender either.  I prefer the vanilla.  I have not smelled the chamomille.  But and even nicer enzyme powder exfolitator is the Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant.  

Respected Contributor

I've used both and like neither! I love JM products and do still use cleansing oil (it came in a kit). I like it more than the Tatch but, not by much, I find if I wet my face and fingertips or brush before starting, it becomes more emollient. Good luck!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Contributor

Tatcha works better for me. It emulsifies easier and isn't as thick as Josie Maran's.  I love lots of Josie Maran's products, though!  My daughter prefers Josie's Cleansing Oil...so I guess it just depends on our individual taste!  

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDivaI do not own a Clarisonic but I do have the rice powder and only need to use it about once a week.

Respected Contributor

First, I'll say my skin type is "sensitive."  Both Josie Maran and Tatcha cleansing oils irritated my skin, but the Tatcha cleansing oil was the worst of the two for me.  It took a couple of months for my skin to "recover."  I do think Tatcha is a really nice Brand for many people, but it just doesn't work for my sensitive skin.  Josie Maran's line works well for many people, too.  Neither Brands just happen to work for me.  I know Tatcha's website sells travel sizes for most of their products, and they have free shipping on  every order (no minimum !).  They also offer a choice of 3 samples with every order.  I just checked, and their travel size cleansing oil is $12, if you are interested.  I'm sure you can find Josie Maran's cleansing oil in a travel size, too.  I've seen the travel size for around $10.  Good luck with whichever oil you decide to try !

♥ Life is beauty full ♥