Honored Contributor

This morning, Elise offered 5 Turbie Twists, but they are 100% cotton, which grabs and breaks your hair. Please look for hair towels (turban styles) that are microfiber.

I've used the microfiber ones when my hair was long and curly and even now that I have a short pixie. Perfect for preventing frizz.

Honored Contributor

Re: TURBIE TWISTS THIS MORNING

Have both but prefer cotton takes out more water 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear   Cotton for me, too --  and the microfiber one I have does not give me any extra frizz control.  

Respected Contributor

I have used the cotton ones for many years with no issues.  But my hair is very straight, not curly, so maybe that makes a difference.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always used the 100 percent cotton, and have never had that issue. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I've used both the cotton and the microfiber Turbie's. To each their own, but I hate the microfiber ones. They're thin and will only absorb a certain amount of water, then they're done, leaving my hair very wet.

The cotton absorbs like a sponge. When I remove the Turbie, it takes no time for my (long) hair to dry.

I've never noticed any indication of damage. After all, most of us spent much of our lives with a giant cotton bath towel on our heads. Even those didn't appear to damage our hair. They were just difficult to manage. 

Super Contributor

I have shoulder length naturally curly hair and nothing works like a plain old 100% cotton t-shirt to beat frizz after shampooing! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

If my hair is so weak that it's going to break from using a cotton towel or cotton turbie twist then it's going to break when I comb or brush it whether I use microfiber or not.  At least it seems to me. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the feel of the microfiber.  I prefer the cotton versions.  

Honored Contributor

I started using the microfiber ones when my salon switched to them years ago. If you use fabric softener or dryer sheets with them, the absorbency is diminished.