Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember when TSVs were something you looked forward to?  I remembered getting a whole kit of stuff to try.  The shape tape concealer did nothing special for my dark circles and caked under my eyes and found my lines.  However, a lot of concealers do that.  I would rather have smaller sizes of several things to try and maybe I would want to buy in a bigger size later.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV..........tarte

[ Edited ]

Shape Tape seems to be a popular concealer, but I wasn't overly impressed with my experiment.  For starters there really wasn't an ideal shade for my coloring, so to try it I just went with close enough. The concealer wasn't all that to me.  In fact, Tarte had an Amazonian Clay concealer in their early days which I thought was much better, and although there were far fewer colors, there was one which worked for me.  

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV..........tarte

[ Edited ]

Shape Tape became a sensation on Instagram. You know, the place of perfect, flawless, fake-looking makeup? It started as concealer and when the complete coverage was discovered by the younger crowd, it began being used as foundation.

It's heavy enough to cover tattoos and a third arm, not well suited to anyone over a certain age with any skin texture. I can't work with it as concealer no matter what eye cream I use or whether I use a brush or sponge. It's just too thick and heavy for my liking. 

Oh, and applying doe foot to eyes or face...never. Apply to back of hand and go from there. Germ spreading from doe foot for sure unless washed or dipped in alcohol. 

Honored Contributor

I LOVE...... this concealer!!!!!!  The best I have ever used. And you NEED the spongey thing to get a really good application. I poo-pooed that before, but once I figured out how to use it, it has been my go-to for a long time. I got the correct shade and after a few times, got very good with the damp sponge. I have purple  on either side of my nose around my eyes and then my lids are reddish ---shape tape completely neutralizes that discolor. Never thought about using it for my whole face-----and I found a travel size of it at Ulta up by their check out to try. cost $10 or so!! then went back to get the bigger size.

Honored Contributor

I have shape tape in my make-up bag but it isn't a favorite of mine at all.  They do offer a tone of shades on their website but I guessed at mine and it wasn't the greatest but workable.

The thing with shape tape is IMO it MUST be applied using the damp sponge.  Putting it on dry and trying to spread it with a brush or your fingers doesn't work at all.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to try the Tarte TSV.  I don't watch beauty shows so this is the first time seeing it.  If it were not for Zoom, I would not be interested.  I'm happy with the makeup I use and I don't like a heavy made up look.  I have 10-12 Zoom meetings a week for work,  We attend a Zoom Bible study group,  my girlfriends get together every other Friday for lunch on Zoom.  My last doctor appointment was on Zoom.   Zoom picks up on every flaw, blemish, line, wrinkle you have on your face.  My friend made us all laugh last week when she said Zoom shows things you didn't know you have, and wish you didn't know now.  This Tarte kit looks like heavy duty coverage.  

Frequent Contributor
I tried and so wanted to like but just couldn’t get it to work with my 50+ skin. I have the best luck with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. I actually use this as my foundation. And I like that I can pick up at Target!
Esteemed Contributor

I decided to purchase and will see how it goes.  I've seen lots of positive reviews on YouTube about it.  

While I was ordering the QVC phone rep even talked me into purchasing the Tarte mascara.  I really don't need that, but she was so nice I couldn't say no.  😂 They really need to put that rep on the air instead of having her answer the phones.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Does anyone remember when TSVs were something you looked forward to?  I remembered getting a whole kit of stuff to try.  The shape tape concealer did nothing special for my dark circles and caked under my eyes and found my lines.  However, a lot of concealers do that.  I would rather have smaller sizes of several things to try and maybe I would want to buy in a bigger size later.   

@chiclet  Eh, that can go both ways. You can receive one or two items you need/love or a box full of items with three you'll use and four to gift. The extras that you don't need, bump up the price, too. Maybe Q's trying out this smaller TSV idea to make it more affordable and a better seller. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

@chiclet   I totally agree!  I love trying out products that I've never used before to see if it's something that I might want to buy a larger size of. 

I also agree about Shape Tape.  When it first came out they made such a big deal about it, I needed to give it a try.  I found that it caked, emphasized imperfections like fine lines and looked worse than if I didn't use any concealer at all...back it went!