Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

I'll just add this too, AVEENO doesn't help my very dry skin either. Ive tried several of their products. 

@LoveMyBaby I generally like Aveeno products, but didn't care for their body lotion either.  

Trusted Contributor

Love it, been using it for a long time, I have the jasmine scent and have kept it on auto- delivery. It is so refreshing. I like the way my skin responds to it this time of year I get very dry when indoors with the furnace on and this cream keeps me itch free and hydrated. Recommend it highly.

Respected Contributor
I gave FAB to someone in my office several Christmas gifts ago and she let me know that it was the only thing that helped a dry patch in her 8 year old son’s face. Not even prescription meds helped, but FAB did. She was so grateful.
Regular Contributor

Hands down CeraVe for me. I tried a bunch of FAB products last year and was very underwhelmed.

I have spent a fortune on luxury skin care brands...La Mer, La Prairie, Guerlain, Sulwhasoo etc. etc. and they are all nice but at the end of the day, not worth it.  What I prefer as body lotion is the CeraVe and the Eucerin Eczema Relief lotion. I don't have eczema, but the formula is so soothing and makes my skin so soft.

Valued Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

Customer Q-V -C:  Fyi.....

Most derms only recommend OTC products. Seldom do they endorse other peoples products.

I've had two derms recommend CeraVe and both recommend only products that they feel are safe and effective.  My derm often will recommend what works even if it's not OTC.

Honored Contributor

I've used either Cerave or Kiehl's Creme de Corps for many years. During my last visit to the derm, she suggested Vanicream. Very rich and hydrating. I've been using it about a month and think it's a bit more moisturizing than Cerave. Still testing and deciding. 

Honored Contributor

Regarding Cerave --- several derms I have gone to all recommended this to me.

I think the Cerave cream feels so heavy.  The lotion is nice but in the winter it is just not enough.  I tried out the baby Cerave and find the texture perfect --- it's in between the cream and the lotion.  It's another option to try!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV or Cerave?

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I think the Cerave cream feels so heavy.  The lotion is nice but in the winter it is just not enough.  I tried out the baby Cerave and find the texture perfect --- it's in between the cream and the lotion.  It's another option to try!  

@AngelPuppy1   I found any thick moisturizers, like Cerave in the tub container are heavy applied to dry skin. I keep a tub in the shower and put it on while still wet, get out of shower and blot dry instead of rubbing w/ towel.

The advantage of this is that I can exfoliate in the shower, moisturize and it seems to really sink in and do a better job. Once my skin is dry, it's not only difficult to spread, but I use twice as much. It also seems to take longer to dry before getting dressed...getting arms into sweater, etc. 

Respected Contributor

I know that there is a loyal following for FAB but I don't find that it works for me. Much prefer Josie Maran or Skinn Pep 40 Body Butter. Of course, we are all different with our preferences. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1   I found any thick moisturizers, like Cerave in the tub container are heavy applied to dry skin. I keep a tub in the shower and put it on while still wet, get out of shower and blot dry instead of rubbing w/ towel.

The advantage of this is that I can exfoliate in the shower, moisturize and it seems to really sink in and do a better job. Once my skin is dry, it's not only difficult to spread, but I use twice as much. It also seems to take longer to dry before getting dressed...getting arms into sweater, etc. 

@Shanus 

I have not tried this!  A long time ago there was a special in-shower moisturizer that you used.  I tried it and it did not work well I didn't think.  I have been applying my moisturizer after I am towel tried, slipping back into my p.j.s, while I am getting myself ready, and allowing the moisturizer to set in and some of it rub off, and then I get dressed.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin