Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   That's why I changed to applying a thicker moisturizer in the shower. My towel, robe or pjs rubbed off most of what I applied to dry skin. 

Honored Contributor

I love CeraVe, I also ordered the First Aid Beauty TSV. I've always wanted to try it and this was at a drugstore price level. If I don't like it I'll cancel the auto delivery. I got the unscented, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Cerave contains petroleum, that is enough to keep me away. 

I guess I don't know what's so bad about petrolaturm.  I heard the lady say with a sneer that other products contain it and parabens.  I have no issue with parabens.  It seems to me that for a moisture barrier product that a lotion is petrolatum would actually be a good thing.  

Nothing is wrong with petrolatum but it is a cheap ingredient so I wouldn't want it as one of the first few listed in an expensive face cream.   Unfortunately, a lot of misinformed sales people think that the petrolatum found in skincare products is the same petrolatum used in cars.  Josie says that all the time.  The petrolatum found in skincare items is cosmetic grade.

Petrolatum forms a barrier on the skin which helps to keep moisture in. But creating a barrier on the skin isn't always a good thing.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I guess I don't know what's so bad about petrolaturm.  I heard the lady say with a sneer that other products contain it and parabens.  I have no issue with parabens.  It seems to me that for a moisture barrier product that a lotion is petrolatum would actually be a good thing.  

Nothing is wrong with petrolatum but it is a cheap ingredient so I wouldn't want it as one of the first few listed in an expensive face cream.   Unfortunately, a lot of misinformed sales people think that the petrolatum found in skincare products is the same petrolatum used in cars.  Josie says that all the time.  The petrolatum found in skincare items is cosmetic grade.

Petrolatum forms a barrier on the skin which helps to keep moisture in. But creating a barrier on the skin isn't always a good thing.   

Beekmans always say using petro in skin care is what is used in cars too .I once heard a doctor say on TV that using petro on your skin is like wrapping it in Saran Wrap, that was when I stopped using it. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes, that's very true.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Beekmans always say using petro in skin care is what is used in cars too .I once heard a doctor say on TV that using petro on your skin is like wrapping it in Saran Wrap, that was when I stopped using it. 

To quote a recent article I read, “ Occlusives like petrolatum and dimethicone prevent the skin from drawing moisture from the air, can trap sebum and bacteria and prevent skin from expelling toxins”. So, petrolatum is not my favorite choice. 

FAB unscented does have an aroma, from the eucalyptus and something else, that are literally nauseating for me.  The developer even cautioned that it is unscented only in that it has no additional scents beyond the essential oils basic to all of their formulas. It’s like WEN 3/19 , it smells. I don’t mind the 3/19 smell.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I didn't think FAB was anything special. The face cleanser was drying and moisturizer irritated my skin that I needed first aid by the time was done with it.