Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The CeraVe body cream in the jar has a tiny bit of petrolatum in it, but hardly any. As far as I can tell, none of the other CeraVe moistuizres have petrolatum in them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

This is the problem when putting these type of questions out there (No shade to anyone, I've done it too), its just that this back and forth could go on for days.

I like FAB- been fortunate to have scored the 14oz at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. 

I have never tried Cerave. I have extremely dry skin. I do not use the FAB as my body lthough. Too expensive for my sahara desert 🌵 body. I'm using up lots of drugstore brand body lotion and creams stash first. I would like to try Cerave or Gold Bond next. 

The best hand cream right now for my eczema - like dermatitis dry patches has been O'Keefe's Rough and Red Relief - this has been my miracle worker. 

The O'Keefe's foot cream is also a godsend.  

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Tsukiko  Let me put it this way, FAB is fine for a basic moisturizer, but for dry skin and particularly dry skin that can become itchy and flaky, my experience was that FAB didn't do the job but Cera Ve did... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Tsukiko  Let me put it this way, FAB is fine for a basic moisturizer, but for dry skin and particularly dry skin that can become itchy and flaky, my experience was that FAB didn't do the job but Cera Ve did... 

Thank you for this. I have the same issues. 

Frequent Contributor

Why not alternate the two brands?  That way you don't bet bored, and your body gets the benefits of both.  

Valued Contributor
I'd go with FAB. Cerave is NOT cruelty free and FAB is.
Trusted Contributor

I'll just add this too, AVEENO doesn't help my very dry skin either. Ive tried several of their products. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

My vote is for CeraVe.  My dermatologist recommended it for me.  A couple of months ago, I purchased the CeraVe Hyaluronic Acid Serum, and I'm liking it as well.

Honored Contributor

IMO there is no comparison, I have tried Cerave and was very disappointed, too greasy and sticky, I gave it to my son and after 4 years it's still sitting on his dresser.LOL This is my 3rd order of the TSV , you have a choice of the original which is pretty much fragrance free and that's what I get.

Respected Contributor
Used both, like both. I usually purchase OTC If I can.
Buy what you want.😉