Regular Contributor

Customer Q-V -C:  Fyi.....

Most derms only recommend OTC products. Seldom do they endorse other peoples products.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll just stick to my Cerave. 

Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

Most derms only recommend OTC products. Seldom do they endorse other peoples products.

That's not completely so. Derms regularly recommend products that their patients can easily find. Such as drugstore sunscreens and basic moisturizers. And they do recommend certain tried and true products by name, even brands they don't sell themselves. If @customerqvc2 says her doctor recommended CeraVe, I doubt she misunderstood.

It's great if you love FAB. It's a good brand. CeraVe is too, though.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor
I just received this tsv in the pomegranate cranberry and love love love the scent it is so nice and not too overwhelming. I can’t stop smelling my hands. I’m not a fan of any lotion being greasy on my palms which is why I seldom use any lotions on my hands but this is really nice and soaks in. I never tried cerave but my daughter using the facial wash and lotions. She smelled the pomegranate cranberry and stole one of my smaller tubes of it.
Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

I guess I don't even understand that comment.  OTC to me means something you can buy without a prescription.  Both CreaVe & FAB fall under that category.  You can find CeraVE in the drug store or some grocery store so it's more readily available to people who don't shop online pr at specialty stores like Ulta. 

I have never tried either BTW and would be happy to try both if I could get them in a trial size.  Currently using Gold Bond Radiant Renewal body "lotion" (although it is very thick, alsmost a body butter consistency).  

Respected Contributor

Cerave....I have tried the TSV and it is ok but Cerave is much better IMO.

Honored Contributor

Cerave contains petroleum, that is enough to keep me away. 

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I find that moisturizers with petro in them is very favorable to my skin. I find it keeps my skin moisturized much longer than products without it. Both face and body. 

Respected Contributor

First aid beauty for sure.  Not even close. Like comparing filet to hamburger.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I guess I don't know what's so bad about petrolaturm.  I heard the lady say with a sneer that other products contain it and parabens.  I have no issue with parabens.  It seems to me that for a moisture barrier product that a lotion is petrolatum would actually be a good thing.