Valued Contributor

Hello everyone. I have been using Cerave for years and love it. The TSV looks like a good value. Has anyone tried both? Would like to know how they compare. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I prefer Cerave and my dermatologist recommends Cerave.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

FAB always. Cerave is awful!!! On me it leaves a horrible film. Don't get that at all with FAB. My body loves FAB. It's like a drink of H20. 

Honored Contributor

For a body moisture cream, I prefer Cera Ve. I also prefer the lack of scent in a body cream and am not swayed by all the fragrance added to these TSV products.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

stevieb, of course you know FAB comes unscented otherwise noted as original.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV or Cerave?

[ Edited ]

@bluehost wrote:

FAB always. Cerave is awful!!! On me it leaves a horrible film. Don't get that at all with FAB. My body loves FAB. It's like a drink of H20. 

I have never noticed Cera Ve leaving any kind of film. It does leave a protective mositure barrier that lasts for hours, which is what I want a moisture cream to do. Anyhing that disappears as soon as I put it on isn't doing much to help my skin over the longer term. In my experience, Cera Ve does a better job managing dry skin, but we all have different experiences.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV or Cerave?

[ Edited ]

I ordered more of the First Aid Beauty today. I still have about an inch left in one 14 oz tub and about 3/4 of another 14 oz left from a prior special. I recently noticed that they have an expiration date on the bottom of the 12/2019. So when the new order comes I'm going to toss these. But to answer your question, to me the CeraVe has a very slightly oily texture compared to the TSV. But they both work well so if you're happy with the CeraVe I'd stick with it because if you don't care for the TSV you'll end up not using it, giving it away, or having to go to the trouble of returning it. 

Today I ordered the original because I don't know if them adding a scent to it would in some way affect the way it works which for me is A+

Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

stevieb, of course you know FAB comes unscented otherwise noted as original.

@bluehost  Yes, I've used the product in the past, always the original version. In fact, I've used several of their products and I do like them, but for a body moisturizer, I prefer Cera Ve. I've been using it now for several years. 

Honored Contributor

Right now I have both in my vanity.   I much prefer the FAB.  Just because some derms like the Cerave doesn't mean I'll use it as often as I really should.  The FAB goes on much like whipped argon oil and I also like that.

@steviebI agree about the scents.  I buy the unscented version of the FAB.  There are way too many scents so many places -  worst for my nose are probably Bath and Body Shops.  I won't even walk on their side of my mall!

Honored Contributor

Cerave, no doubt in my mind.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.