Honored Contributor

Re: TSV ON SKIN WITH MAKEUP?

@Shanus   lol  I must have 50 white!     A few colors for display.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don't understand grinding makeup into the skin with LUNA. Maybe on cleansed skin, it could do "something", but if manual exfoliation, no matter how gentle, can cause irritation. Please cleanse your face first if you must use this type of exfoliation.

ITA!!! Same with the Clarisonic which I still have and use. Never use it without first taking makeup off with soap on a face cloth. 

I don't understand how the Foreo stays clean. Sure, rise it off, but.......still seems not clean 2 me. After months, years of using the device and it's susposed to be clean? The vendor never addresses it or if she did, it wasn't satisfactory to me.

Honored Contributor

Most any 'sonic' device is designed to shake loose debris from where the debris is lodged or stuck on. Devices like the Foreo do the same thing with makeup.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624   I've always seen it demonstarted on a face with makeup. It just doesn't make sense to me to exfoliate skin that still has makeup on it. Of course, it's just my opinion. 

@Shanus. I don't think these devices do any more exfoIation than a wash cloth does.  Their main purpose is cleansing; some marketing genius thought it would be nice to mention exfoliation too.  They have to have makeup on to show how well it cleanses.  How impressive would a demo be on clean skin?  It would show the buyers nothing.

Why don't you buy an inexpensive one on Amazon and try it for yourself?  Mine is thinner than the one they're selling and easier to hold in a small hand.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

LOWERED THE PRICE TO $79.99

Trusted Contributor

I have a knockoff that I purchased at TJ Maxx for $14.99. Several years later, works just fine. 

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

LOWERED THE PRICE TO $79.99

Wow!  Wasn't it $99 at midnight?  I don't think I've ever seen them lower a price mid-day on a TSV.  

BTW, if that's a mini how big is a regular size one?  The cheap dupe I have is smaller than that one.

I see them as cleansing devices, not exfoliation.  

Esteemed Contributor

IT IS RARE Icegoddess, BUT IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE WHEN SALES WERE NOT AS EXPECTED.

THE MINI IS A MUCH BETTER SIZE IN MY OPINION AND EASIER TO USE.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

🙆 Savvy shoppers researching other retailers for price comparison probably forced Q into lowering the price.

Whenever Q says lowest price we've found ANYWHERE, there is always a lower price somewhere.

🤷 Or perhaps it's a new Q sales strategy ........ ?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus --Me too!! I bought a new Mia that was the very last one as a TSV before the company went under--as well as a ton of brushes that will last me for at least 5 more years--I use mine a few times a week.

And I have tried the thing that is the tsv for today--only the AMZ dupe and didn't like it at all--- I am having good luck with double cleansing now anyway--use that fluffly cloth by Campanellas first to remove make up, then  a cleanser using the corner of that same cloth--its a very gentle exfoliator material. Have seen great results now that my skincare can penetrate easier.