Valued Contributor

Re: TSV - Josie Maran 11/19/16

I'm glad I found this thread since I was wondering if anyone received the TSV early. I initially wanted to know what Sweet Holly smelled like, however, I'm confused but what some of you wrote. The scents are unscented but correspond with the body butter? Did I misread this or are you talking about just the Unscented version?
Esteemed Contributor

@leavesgalore,

From the product description :  " . . slowly press holistic fragrance onto your neck and body . . "

From that I'd guess the fragrance develops with time, chemistry, and body heat.

Regular Contributor

@x Hedge

I did read that description on how to apply the perfume. I tried that being it is supppsed to be holistic and thought it is supposed to work with your body chemistry, but still Nothing! I have been trying it on an off since about 2 this afternoon and don't smell a thing. So disappointed. I already changed my auto delivery to the scented version for the next shipment, but if reviews are poor I may just cancel the order. Can't wait to hear reviews from others.
Esteemed Contributor

Well I'm stumped then @leavesgalore.  If you've been trying to get the fragrance to reveal itself for hours without success my only other thought is to try to call in and ask Josie while she's on air.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, the set has a matching body butter and spray fragrance.  And one of the options is "unscented".  Um...unscented fragrance?  That has to top the "they must think we're really stupid" meter.   Really shaking my head on that one.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the review love was the one I was interested in. If you look at the ingredients 'parfum' if pretty low in the ingredient list. The other scents its, like number 2. It reads like a soft scent too bad there is no scent.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting this.  I was considering the unscented kit today, but the perfume sounds terrible.  I do not like scented body products (I like to be able to put on as much body lotion and butter as I want without a heavy scent) but I do wear fragrances a few times a week and these sounded nice....not sure which kit I'd order now so will probably pass.  I've been enjoying Rosehip seed oil more than Argan so maybe it's all for the best.

Respected Contributor

I decided to order the unscented kit. I just watched Leahand Josie describe it again. Everyone's nose and sensory of smell is different . I'll see what fragrance I smell. Otherwise , I use the unscented body butters and the lovely lipstick..
Contributor

I agree that some people have a more sensitive nose than others...there are things I smell as very strong that my husband cannot smell at all.  That being said, picking up on a very subtle scent will be hit or miss for this one.  

I ordered the vanilla one.  I love Josie's products, and I am hoping for the best.  I have a very sensitive nose, and I don't like all of the fragrances of body butters Josie offers, so we'll see.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I was going to pass on it...when I got up this AM I decided I would give the Unscented one a try.

I hate to hear that it has completely no scent....I at least wanted a hint of honey or orange blossom, as I love the Divine Drip in the honey scent.

I have a nose like a blood hound so maybe I will get a hint of one of the oils.  I like the whipped butters, but never used the unscented. I will use the oil on my body cause it breaks my face out..now the lip sting product looks very nice.

Anyway...if it's just so boring and I decide I don't want to change to another scent next time, back it will go.... at least the 1st shipment is free !

BTW ~ What is the amount of moisturizing from the fragrance spray, any at all ??  "lightly,medium,heavy"...thx

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~