Highlighted
Regular Contributor

First let me say I am a long-time Josie Maran user and I have many many products that she sells and I love all of them but,  I just received my Josie Maran today's special value for tomorrow Saturday, November 19! I ordered the unscented.  As described the unscented perfume was supposed to have a light orange vanilla scent to it so I was excited to try this because I figured it would be the lightest of all three new versions of her perfume. To my surprise, this perfume has absolutely no scent whatsoever.   It's like spraying water on.  I just don't get it, let me know if anyone else has this reaction when they get their unscented version.  What's the purpose of selling something that has no scent.  It was advertised to have honey, Orange Blossom, vanilla, heliotrope, and petitgrain notes. It has no scent!   Just a heads up for those who are thinking of getting the  uncensored version. I do love the unscented body butters the argon oril and the new lip product is really nice it's a nude/ pink shade. Wish I had ordered the vanilla wafer instead. 

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV - Josie Maran 11/19/16

When I received my email, I din't understand why they called it unscented, but I guess I know now.......How strange though..You are calling customer service, right?

Occasional Contributor

Why not call customer service and tell them the problem and return your kit for an exchange for the Vanilla Wafer.  With your complaint of the problem there will be no shipping charge for the return.  That way you can enjoy the whole kit.

Trusted Contributor

sorry about the no scent.  why would they  sell a fragrance with no scent?

might as well spray yourself with a bottle of water, I don't get it........

I did order the peace, vanilla wafer.  Fingers crossed that I'll like it.  I just hate having to return items, but will probably keep it for the oils and butters. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice.  It is such a hassle to have to return and pay return shipping too. I am not sure what I will do yet. I think I will wait to see the presentation tomorrow and see how they explain this unscented version and go from there. I am still spraying and get nothing. I do really enjoy the unscented body butters!  And the bottle for the perfume is very pretty too. 

Frequent Contributor

oh no...

Frequent Contributor

hopefully others who have received this set will comment soon and on the other fragrances as well~ the description for the Love fragrance says that it is a light scent...No scent at all would be pretty disappointing!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I interpreted this TSV set in that Unscented, Vanilla Wafer, and Sweet Holly are not the names of the perfumes (despite being on the bottle), but correspond to the body butter in each kit...?

Is the EDP that comes with Unscented body butter considered to be the lightest scent?

I need to see a presentation or two with this before I figure this out and make up my mind, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Wow that's strange. When I heard there was a fragrance in the TSV I figured the unscented body butter would not be part of the kit. I thought if I did not like the fragrance I could gift it. Kind of hard to gift a fragrance with no scent IMO. I guess I should pass because I only want the unscented butters. I have plenty of Beekman body cream's & lotions + an 8 oz unscented body butter from Josie.

Respected Contributor

@leavesgalore wrote:

Thanks for the advice.  It is such a hassle to have to return and pay return shipping too. I am not sure what I will do yet. I think I will wait to see the presentation tomorrow and see how they explain this unscented version and go from there. I am still spraying and get nothing. I do really enjoy the unscented body butters!  And the bottle for the perfume is very pretty too. 

If you exchange it, you won't have to pay to return it. At least you shouldn't be. Idk if I'm going to order this or not. I'm still up in the air about it.