Trusted Contributor

Re: TRIED BOTOX AFTER DINNER LAST NIGHT

I have never regretted any of my Botox and filler treatments. The secret is going to a reputable plastic surgeon.   

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Valued Contributor

YOU WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE IT,  I can’t live without it

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
FWIW I had Botox and undereye fillers back in Feb and I liked it. Personally I agree a less is more approach results in a more natural result. I told my derm that I still wanted to move my eyebrows and not be completely frozen looking. I also had one eyebrow that was higher than the other and she corrected this with Botox. She also injected a tiny amount if Botox into each depressor muscle to upturn my lips a bit (they were turning downward because the depressor was overactive). The Botox has worn off, but I will get it done again. The undereye fillers are still good. No one suspected I had anything done, I just looked refreshed and relaxed. I think you’ll like the results, give it a week.

@Fluke67 . I've been wanting to get undereye fillers for a while but have been too chicken.  I want them to fill in the deep undereye hollows that I have.  

Are you happy with your results?  How long should it last?  I don't know many who want to have this done.  Since I've been thinking of having it done I tend to notice that most people just don't have under eye hollows...It drives me crazy but I wish I wasn't so afraid of the procedure.

Respected Contributor

I have twenty Botox injections every three months in my pelvic floor for vag...... pain. The pain is from spasms. My doctor says it's a slightly different Botox that the plastics people (his term) use. He gives me a nerve block; I don't feel a thing. But it's not a pleasant day.

It takes a full three weeks to kick in and lasts about three months. I've read a lot about Botox (I used to be a medical writer) used medically. My hairdresser gets it for a painful neck condition. It's also used for migraines.

My doctor says all the knowledge is from the "plastics people." I do know that the skill of the doctor matters; he's the third doctor to do this. The first two did not give me good results.

I would do it but not while I'm getting it for medical reasons. After a while one can make antibodies to Botox and it stops working.

I'm seventy four and constantly told I look younger.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9yes I’m thrilled with the undereye filler. It’s done more than any cream, serum or concealer could ever do. The key is to go to an injector experienced with application in the hollows, it’s one of the trickier areas to fill. I was lucky and did not have any significant  bruising post injection. My injector started with one vial for the two hollows and then we re assessed about two weeks post injection, and we decided to add another vial. Per my derm fillers in the undereye area usually last at least 9 months, and it’s a gradual “deflation”. My derm uses restalyne in the hollows, she prefers this filler under the eyes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

I have twenty Botox injections every three months in my pelvic floor for vag...... pain. The pain is from spasms. My doctor says it's a slightly different Botox that the plastics people (his term) use. He gives me a nerve block; I don't feel a thing. But it's not a pleasant day.

It takes a full three weeks to kick in and lasts about three months. I've read a lot about Botox (I used to be a medical writer) used medically. My hairdresser gets it for a painful neck condition. It's also used for migraines.

My doctor says all the knowledge is from the "plastics people." I do know that the skill of the doctor matters; he's the third doctor to do this. The first two did not give me good results.

I would do it but not while I'm getting it for medical reasons. After a while one can make antibodies to Botox and it stops working.

Please go to a Pelvic Physical Therapist.  All my pain is gone now and I never had shots. 

Respected Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Please go to a Pelvic Physical Therapist.  All my pain is gone now and I never had shots. She has to be certified as a Pelvic PT.  

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

@haddon9yes I’m thrilled with the undereye filler. It’s done more than any cream, serum or concealer could ever do. The key is to go to an injector experienced with application in the hollows, it’s one of the trickier areas to fill. I was lucky and did not have any significant  bruising post injection. My injector started with one vial for the two hollows and then we re assessed about two weeks post injection, and we decided to add another vial. Per my derm fillers in the undereye area usually last at least 9 months, and it’s a gradual “deflation”. My derm uses restalyne in the hollows, she prefers this filler under the eyes.

@Fluke67 . Thanks so much for sharing your experience!  I realize that this area is trickier than others which is why I'm hesitant.  I just have to find someone really accomplished and good at doing this.

Respected Contributor

Only for excruciating pain would I try Botox.  For everything else, laughter.

In memory of newziesuzie

Honored Contributor

More Botox...not cosmetic. Went for my 6 month dental checkup/cleaning. He noticed I was “clenching”. He said he can inject Botox in the temple region, in the hair line which inhibits that muscle from over clenching. I said, “What the heck”. I’m wondering where else they can stick it?

I did hear they were working on an injectable for incontinence. Hope they speed it up before I get older & require a few shots there.