Contributor

TRIED AND TRUE FACIAL SELF-TANNERS, PLEASE!

I was so sorry to discover that Dr. Dense is no longer offering her facial self-tanner and was wondering if anyone has had good luck with another brand?  Her original was a gel-like consistency that was easy to apply and was so natural looking.   Thanks for any suggestions! 

Honored Contributor

Re: TRIED AND TRUE FACIAL SELF-TANNERS, PLEASE!

I have used Tan Towels for over 10 years.  Always get a nice "faux tan".  I never had any allergic reactions or look "orange".  

Esteemed Contributor

@Vineyard Girl, another vote for Tan Towels.  LM

Trusted Contributor

I use soemthign less expensive now but Tan Towels are the best.  I was using them on my face every other day even before going out... I'd never put on a bronzer tanner before elavign the house.  Tan towels are natural looking and no streaks.

where do the rest of you buy them for the best price?  And do you use the face towels or just the body one size n your face (I've done both and notice no difference)

Trusted Contributor

@Mrsq2022wrote:

I use soemthign less expensive now but Tan Towels are the best.  I was using them on my face every other day even before going out... I'd never put on a bronzer tanner before elavign the house.  Tan towels are natural looking and no streaks.

where do the rest of you buy them for the best price?  And do you use the face towels or just the body one size n your face (I've done both and notice no difference)

@Mrsq2022 I get them on HSN when they have a TS.  I get the AD and am set!  I think they do 2 a year.  If I remember correctly, they will have one in March.  

Honored Contributor

St. Tropez makes a nice self-tanner specifically for the face. 

For me it's had to keep my face self-tanned because I use a scrub twice a week plus the Paula Begoun BHA every morning.  Those products all cause any self-tanner to pretty much come right off.

Now I just use a bronzer on my face.    

Honored Contributor

I think I stated before, that because I’m so fair, self tanners are too dark & look unnatural on me. Twice a week when short sleeve/capris weather starts, I use Jergens gradual self tanning moisturizer in light/Med. 

My my daughter who is also fair, but more yellow toned self tans her body, but uses bronzer on her face/neck to blend it in...Reason?  She explained every time she washed her face (at least twice a day...sometimes 3 times if she runs after work), the face tanner comes off when using a mu remover or cleanser. It makes more sense to her to use to use a powder bronzer.

Trusted Contributor

@Vineyard Girlwrote:

I was so sorry to discover that Dr. Dense is no longer offering her facial self-tanner and was wondering if anyone has had good luck with another brand?  Her original was a gel-like consistency that was easy to apply and was so natural looking.   Thanks for any suggestions! 

@Vineyard Girl There will be a TS on HSN for the tan towels.  30 for $35 (combo full body, half body and face). I did the preorder and I just love these and recommend them highly.

the problem that I have with most self tanners is the tracker-bronze color.  It always makes me look dark and rubs off onto my clothing.  Ideally, a mousse with no tracker would be nice, but tan towels are my favorite now.

The TS will be on 3/19.

Regular Contributor

I have used Tan Towels on my body for many years. However my go to for face is always the Dr. Dennis Gross "glow pad."  This past year the brand switched to 2 formulas, the original and the gradual.  The original is perfect for me. I have very, very fair skin and I get great color, glow and exfoliaton.  There is something very special about his formula, but I don't know what it is.  It says it infused with active Vitamin D but I'm not sure if that's the reason.  I haven't tried Tan Towel on my face.  The best pictures I ever take is when I have used this on my face. Disclaimer: I have heard that Tan Towel has the patent on the "towel" application for all self tanners.  That would mean anyone using a towel would have to have it manufacturer by Tan Towel, the company even if it's their own formulation.  I'm not sure where Dr. Gross fits in with this. I was told by the company (yes I called a couple of years ago) that they manufacturer for example the Kate Somerville pads.  **Does anyone have the pre-order item number for the TS on 3-19? Thank  you.

Honored Contributor

I don't use a facial tanner per se. I use a darker color bb/cc cream and then a little powder bronzer here and there. Just need a little color ,otherwise looking tan is not a priority anymore.