Valued Contributor

TOXIC CHEMICAL IN EVERYDAY COSMETICS....

Dear Beauties,

Be very careful about using cosmetics daily on your face and skin because there is a huge push in Congress and the FDA b/o alarming rates of a carcinogen found in foundations and eye products (56%); lip products (48%); and mascaras (47%) with a direct link cancer and reduced birth weight per new studies.

These cosmetics contain an industrial compound known as PFA's perfluroalkyl or polyfluroalkyl which have been deemed a public carcinogen and the government is attempting to ban PFA's from all consumer goods because of such a high toxicity rate to humans.  

PFA's is a man-made industrial compound found it countless consumer products like cosmetics, nonstick cookware, water repellant sports gear, grease-resistant food packaging and firefighting foaming agents.

Please take such a warning seriously and do your best to stear away from such products where possible.  

This vital information was published in my weekend local paper as a public service announcement to help educate the public and get the word out.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TOXIC CHEMICAL IN EVERYDAY COSMETICS....

[ Edited ]

I believe it's similar to PTFE in teflon. Yes, we have some harmful ingredients in cosmetics that Europe doesn't allow.

Regular Contributor

This was on WebMD also.  "Forever" chemicals in mascara, foundation, eyeshadow, and lipstick.  Mostly those of the long-wearing type.  It was in an article in Real Simple, which indicated that Congress was going to take action on it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wasn't listed in the Laura Mercier tinted oil free moisturizer I just got. 

Valued Contributor

They also said it may not appear on the label.

Respected Contributor

Everything is toxic. And heaven forbid anything is tested to determine if it is harmful.