Regular Contributor

Nice to know! Blessing to your Mom. My Mom is no longer with us but she too wore Tova & loved it!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never even tried a newer version  after reading all the comments here, if it is not the original it will never be the same for me, not even close.

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never even tried a newer version  after reading all the comments here, if it is not the original it will never be the same for me, not even close.

Same here.  Especially after reading the bad reviews.

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried the dupe from Pittsburgh Street Soap Works Company? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

It is definitely the Tova Signature. I purchased the two bottle set, did not smell the same at all, and did not last. They went back. I have gone back to Cashmee by DOnna Karen, never changes.

@Barb114, what you're describing is not its original formulation if you can't smell it.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

I must be the odd man out but I really love it.  And it may not be identical to the original formula, but it is really nice.  The top notes are very sharp (and get a lot of criticism) but only last an hour or so.  After that is is a great fragrance.  A lot of people complain about the staying power but in my experience, it lasts but is subtle and doesn't surround you.  

@Mrsq2022 .... I agree that it is not identical to the original.  However, I still love it and get many compliments when I wear it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

I too wore the original many years ago but never tried it again after reading it was not the same. Why did it change? Any explanations as to why?

There was quite a to-do on the BB when the changes occurred. They wanted us to believe that it was all in our minds and we all ate too much salt that day!

I'm kidding of course. But their responses to our many complaints & inquiries were of that gist.

Because of the expense to use florals that were not synthetic. Something to do w/ new [European] guidelines and the perfume industry. But I have a sneaking suspicion there is more to it than meets the eye. Or, should I say nose! 

Poor Tova, the lady was caught up in it, and I do have to give her lots of credit for trying like crazy to duplicate her beautiful vintage fragrance.

Super Contributor

I have been a long time Tova wearer.  Currently, I think the best product she had is the Signature Dry Oil Spray.  I use it after my bath on my neck, chest and arms.  It smells great and does last.  I then use a little of the Signature Platinum.  I still get compliments.

Super Contributor

Yes, I didn't think it smelled anything like Tova.

Esteemed Contributor

@Barbiedr wrote:

I have been a long time Tova wearer.  Currently, I think the best product she had is the Signature Dry Oil Spray.  I use it after my bath on my neck, chest and arms.  It smells great and does last.  I then use a little of the Signature Platinum.  I still get compliments.

Hi @Barbiedr .. .where do you purchase the Signature Dry Oil Spray?  I see that it is no longer available on the Q.  TIA

Super Contributor

I just bought some today from Tova's own website, I think it is BeautybyTova.