Frequent Contributor

Re: TOVA Cactine Line Relaunching

Yes it has petrolatum in the emollient. I'm disappointed that Tova didn't relaunch her products with more up to date ingredients in them.

Contributor

Please bring this back I used to buy the 11 piece kit ,would love to be able to ago great skin care 

Honored Contributor

beautybytova.com

Respected Contributor

Her website says "be back soon".

Trusted Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Lucky Charm

The first ingredient listed in the Cactine Emollient is petrolatum.  I am going to pass.

Oh my, I am so sad to hear this. I never bought the cactine products in the past, but was wanting to try them when they come back. 

But I refuse to put petroleum on my face, even if Tova says it is okay.

I know it is many beauty products, but I read labels like crazy. So sad,Tova.  I must pass.

Regular Contributor

Petrolatum is great for the skin. Ask any Dermatologist.

Respected Contributor

I hope she brings back the entire line, the products were wonderful.  And maybe she'll consider her cosmetics line as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@laraffinee wrote:

Petrolatum is great for the skin. Ask any Dermatologist.

Exactly.  A search online will see many sources saying this.  It's excellent for dry skin.  Even CerarVe says so - calling it the gold standard:

A superior moisturizer and skin protectant, petrolatum is suitable for all skin types. Skin reactions to petrolatum are known to be extremely rare, which is why petrolatum is often included in products for babies as well as those with sensitive and/or compromised skin. Petrolatum’s ability to form a long-lasting physical barrier on the skin makes it a common ingredient in diaper creams. It's also non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores or aggravate acne-prone skin.

Respected Contributor

Sorry if I am replying really later on this but just saw the thread and want to add my two cents.  I used Tova's products back in the 90's and loved them.  I ordered from CA and interacted with her customer service regularly to discuss my results and preferences.  I recently ordered her Cactine Mask and look forward to trying the products again.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.