Honored Contributor

Re: TOSSED MAKEUP I WILL NOT REPLACE

I must admit I don't keep a huge selection of make-up.  I have a couple of eye shadow pallets, a few blushes, a butt-load of lipstick, a few foundations (but really only wear one mostly...Too Faced Born this Way) several mascaras (those I do throw out when I admit to myself I don't like them), powder (loose & pressed...some I could stand to throw out).  I have those moments when I say to myself, "self, throw that away!", but I still hold onto it thinking I may use it.

Skincare is another story...I have lots & LOTS!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@hopi 

Woah!  Out it goes every six months if it's been open?  I could never do that and I really don't think it's necessary but if you feel better doing it and have the funds, well at least you're helping to keep the cosmetic companies in business Smiley Happy

@monicakm  -  I'm with you.  I can't imagine throwing out all my makeup every 6 months!  Glad you're not throwing away all your beautiful palettes.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Out of here are odds & ends that have been cluttering up the bathroom drawers. I still have to get to the bottom of a closet to pitch the eye shadow palettes. It's safe to say I'll never use again.

@ShanusI have skincare "just in case." Just in case the sky falls, I can always draw from things in the kitchen & tea cupboard.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

It's a rare lippie that I toss.  I love them all and they are all in my vanity drawer for quick access.  Also in the same drawer is a set of brushes and more commonly used/everyday items.  In another vanity drawer is a few e/s palettes and face palettes I might reach for the most.  The best thing I ever did was purchase this rolling cart for the rest of my makeup.  It rolls right into a double door closet and out of sight until I need it.

Lippie.jpg

cart1.jpg

May I ask where you found this great rolling cart?  Just what I need!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I guess you use more bronzer there.  We dont, or at least none of my ladies do.  I have a bronzer with a grater that pulls some off. Meh.  I never use it.

I have a bowl full of eyeshadow, but I wear another set everyday without thinking and it's a neutral that never quits working.

My new lipstick is more recent, so I think it's good.

@ECBG   When @monicakm asked me to limit a certain product in each category, but I usually mix my Nars blush with my CT Filmstar Bronzeand glow which has a pinkish brown tone. It adds a depth of color back to my face. A tue "bronzer" is never the correct tone or too dark for my complexion.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   My skincare is much more precise and limited than all the makeup I had. I prefer few products that each one serves its purpose....a few backups and that's it. Short and sweet.

Respected Contributor

I recently tossed Mallys circle of light highlighter. It wasn't for me! I brought it to work. I finally threw it out from there.

IT Cosmetics blush. They all look clownish and I won't buy their blush ever again. I do like their CC Cream and concealer.

Atelier foundation. I bought this on Q. I used it a few times. It was good but I let it sit  (not that long either) and it got funky and separated. I never seen this anywhere else and wouldn't buy it or recommend it if I did see it.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone still have any loose Bare Minerals blushes or eyeshadow?  I have a couple hanging around and this thread is motivating me to let them go!😊

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

Does anyone still have any loose Bare Minerals blushes or eyeshadow?  I have a couple hanging around and this thread is motivating me to let them go!😊

@FastDogWalker2  Those BM eye shadows I'm keeping. I just think they will be excellent for water colors, especially anything that had a shimmer. Nope, I'm saving them for when I get into art again.

Honored Contributor

I have one I think.  Don't recall if I threw it away the last time I decluttered not.  It was Antique Pearl and this color is still one of my favs to wear (in other brands).  Pink/peach/gold