Respected Contributor

TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO THE DERMATOLOGIST...

Yesterday we went to the dermatologist for my daughter's acne.  It has gotten a little better but I still wanted to see a doctor about it.  He prescribed Clindacin topical and Epiduo Forte.  Turns out the Epiduo Forte costs $650 and, of course, not covered by insurance.  Going to get it changed to something very simliar but nearly as expensive.  I was shocked at the cost.

Honored Contributor

Re: TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO THE DERMATOLOGIST...

@ScrapHappy 

Have you checked pricing using the GoodRX card or Needymeds card?

Occasional Contributor

My son was on this for a bit before we ended up going to accutane. It is crazy $$$. Google epiduo forte coupon- there are discounts out there that can help bring the cost down.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Got it changed to, I guess, the generic form.  My out of pocket will be $10.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Yesterday we went to the dermatologist for my daughter's acne.  It has gotten a little better but I still wanted to see a doctor about it.  He prescribed Clindacin topical and Epiduo Forte.  Turns out the Epiduo Forte costs $650 and, of course, not covered by insurance.  Going to get it changed to something very simliar but nearly as expensive.  I was shocked at the cost.

My son finally decided to go on Acutane and it cured his acne.  It’s been 6 years and he doesn’t break out anymore.  I let him make the decision after he tried many other meds.  I hope this medication helps your daughter.  

Esteemed Contributor

Be very careful with Accutane.  My son was on it for 6 months as at the time I think that was all it was tested for.  It really worked.  But later I heard there could be some bad long term effects.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

My son finally decided to go on Acutane and it cured his acne.  It’s been 6 years and he doesn’t break out anymore.  I let him make the decision after he tried many other meds.  I hope this medication helps your daughter.  

I went on Acutane when I was 30 .. with cystic acne .... It cured me .. I had to

do two rounds of it and have blood tests .. but it was worth it ....

Esteemed Contributor

Differin is over the counter and reasonably priced.

Our doctor recommended this product for acne.

Regular Contributor

Check Canada Med Pharmacy. The prices are better!