Super Contributor

I love TJ Maxx! You can find some of the best deals there. It's kind of hit and miss because no 2 stores carry the same thing. And, not all of the stores carry jewelry. I was lucky enough to find one that did and I've bought several Judith Ripka pieces at great prices. I also bought a pair of the most gorgeous 1 ct diamond hoops not long ago that cost $500, compaired to my jeweler who sells the same pair for around $2000. Most of the stores carry perfume, hair products and skin products at greatly reduced prices.

Have any of you found a TJ Maxx that has a little jewelry department? Just putting that out there for all of you jewelry loving girls.They have a website so you'e able to order online. 

Valued Contributor
@Remar, I always stop by the jewelry counter. I've snagged fantastic buys on Lagos, ripka, and Michelle watches, and I always do a spin around handbags too ( got a really nice Dooney satchel for a song). I just love that place!
Esteemed Contributor

TJM used to have a great handbag department but it's gone downhill over the past few years.  I rarely find anything anymore. 

Valued Contributor
@Snoopp agree it is hit or miss now. One TJs in my area seems to get more high end stuff than the others, that's the one I visit weekly.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the beauty section of TJMaxx, Marshall's and Winners, Marshall's, and Homesense in Canada have interesting beauty items so it's worth looking at. My only caveat is to be aware that some is old stock and make sure that the package is sealed and that it hasn't been opened by customers to use as a tester as these stores don't provide them. 

You can also find hair appliances at a good price too. Some stores are better than others for products, it really is hit and miss.

Honored Contributor

I used to. About a year or so ago, they made the beauty section TINY and so far, it's been junk names. They do have LOTS of soaps/soap products/hand lotion, however. 

Joy.

Contributor

I love TJ Max and Marshalls and of course Ross!!  I always find some of the 

best deals there on skin care!!  I don't really use any of the shampoo

or conditioner.  I just go for the skin care and makeup and body washes!!  

I like to try different brands to see how I like them.

Super Contributor

I have found some amazing deals - SEPHORA brushes (normally $20 and up) for $5.99! This included a huge powder brush that is $25. Also found some Kat Von D products - Make Up Forever - Cargo - Marc Jacobs (one of his eye palettes that is current for $20) - Marc Jacobs liners - Bare Minerals - Strivectin - Shishedo - all sorts of high end names.

They do have the cheaper eye palettes that I learned did not work for me but may for others. I also enjoy smelling all the different soaps they offer - it's a fun (and inexpensive) pick me up. It's always a treasure hunt! 

Trusted Contributor

The problem w/TJ where i live is the shelf life. The products look old. I do buy the bath gels & perfumes. Skin care I am not so sure. The turn over is high since its in a populated area, not sure why they look so beat up. 

Valued Contributor

Mine has jewelry but I have never looked at it.  Will do so next time I am there !!  Thanks.