Honored Contributor

I’ve gone through all my “stuff”, tossed the old, unused and never will, the “what was I thinkings” and did I need 3 backups.

Next step: reorganizing my storage system. I decided to put my “reach for every day” makeup in one place instead of all brushes together, all liners together, etc. It takes time to go through it looking for the 1 liner that I go to every morning.

All glosses go out except clear gloss and lip balm. Lipsticks that were old, not worn or smelled funny were thrown out during last “clear out” 6 months ago.

Looking forward to finding what I have more easily. It seems to be the next step in changing products and mu lines.

Honored Contributor

Re: TIME TO REVAMP MU STORAGE

@Shanus wrote:

I’ve gone through all my “stuff”, tossed the old, unused and never will, the “what was I thinkings” and did I need 3 backups.

Next step: reorganizing my storage system. I decided to put my “reach for every day” makeup in one place instead of all brushes together, all liners together, etc. It takes time to go through it looking for the 1 liner that I go to every morning.

All glosses go out except clear gloss and lip balm. Lipsticks that were old, not worn or smelled funny were thrown out during last “clear out” 6 months ago.

Looking forward to finding what I have more easily. It seems to be the next step in changing products and mu lines.

@Shanus...when we moved, a few years ago, our bedroom is much larger than our prior bedroom. I purchased a vanity with a small bench and I love it! The drawers are deep and I separate everything. My lipsticks I place on top in a Lenox holder. I also found doing my hair so much easier than having everything in a drawer in the bathroom and having to stand to apply eye makeup.

Like yourself, I go through everything and weed out the old to make room for the new.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus...when we moved, a few years ago, our bedroom is much larger than our prior bedroom. I purchased a vanity with a small bench and I love it! The drawers are deep and I separate everything. My lipsticks I place on top in a Lenox holder. I also found doing my hair so much easier than having everything in a drawer in the bathroom and having to stand to apply eye makeup.

Like yourself, I go through everything and weed out the old to make room for the new.

@Trinity11  Isn’t it great to have a place for everything? I have a long vanity in my master bath...drawers down each side, cabinets above and on each side above. Yep, too much storage...trouble. I love sitting to do my makeup. Sometimes even light a fragrant candle...just have to remember to blow it out before I leave. 😜

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 and @Shanus  My immortal beloved bought me the most BEAUTIFUL dressing table for Christmas (that's what it is actually called).  In essence it is a glorified vanity with SO much room I still can't get over it!  It's actually a gorgeous piece of furniture, made in Italy. There is a big flip top mirror which has quite a bit of flat storage space underneath which is where, for the most part, I keep my day-in, day-out cosmetics.  Then on either side there too are deep drawers that are also open on the inside facing me for easy access.  I am just in love with it!  I can so more easily SEE everything at-a-glance.  I too purged quite a bit of items in the process of setting it up and made a promise to keep things "thin" if you know what I mean.

Revamp I did!

What do you get a girl that pretty much has it all?  My husband rocks! (Big Time!!!)

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Trinity11 and @Shanus  My immortal beloved bought me the most BEAUTIFUL dressing table for Christmas (that's what it is actually called).  In essence it is a glorified vanity with SO much room I still can't get over it!  It's actually a gorgeous piece of furniture, made in Italy. There is a big flip top mirror which has quite a bit of flat storage space underneath which is where, for the most part, I keep my day-in, day-out cosmetics.  Then on either side there too are deep drawers that are also open on the inside facing me for easy access.  I am just in love with it!  I can so more easily SEE everything at-a-glance.  I too purged quite a bit of items in the process of setting it up and made a promise to keep things "thin" if you know what I mean.

Revamp I did!

What do you get a girl that pretty much has it all?  My husband rocks! (Big Time!!!)

Did that put a smile on my face @fitfuninformed. What a wonderful and thoughtful husband you have!! Heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11  Thank you so very, very much. I couldn't agree with you more if I don't mind saying so!  He's a wonderful man, both inside and out.  He is my best friend.  I love him. Heart

Respected Contributor

@ShanusI have all my favorite and most used make-up in a large train case.

In my high-boy dresser, I have one drawer for make-up. I have never kept my make-up in the bathroom. My Mother told me that many moons ago.

I bought drawer organizers and each type of product are together. Easy to find.

Any unused products I send to our daughter-in-law. Or ones I get in kits that I won't use. Then if she doesn't like it, she shares with her sister or Mother.

Our son, DIL and grandchildren live in Sweden. Our DIL does have me buy the foundation that she likes and can't get there.

Our DIL laughs and says she hasn't had to buy make-up forever because of meWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use clear lucite containers with organizing compartments for my makeup. There are lots of shapes and sizes out there. I got mine at Target. 

I don’t have a ton of makeup, but I can put all my lip glosses in one compartment, powders in another, etc. so I can see everything and make a choice. One container has all the products I use most often. I have a second one for storing my extras and unopened purchases. I have a third one just for nail products. 

Valued Contributor

Back in college when I shared one bathroom with three girls, I had a secretary desk with a drop down door and used that as my vanity. Kept makeup and a lighted mirror in the top compartment (with the drop down desk), hairdryer, mousse, curlers, curling iron, hairspray ( it was the 80s after all) in the drawers. I’ve wanted a similar setup ever since.