Occasional Contributor

Re: TIME NEEDED TO “DO” HAIR EACH DAY

Well, I have to confess that I am one of those who washes and styles daily. I have a short bob with lots and lots of layers (the hairstylists always insist I need them) and my hair is naturally very wavy. I use a blowdryer, then a curling iron for a little lift on top and for those errant pieces that won't seem to do what I want them to do, I sometimes get out the flat iron. I dream of being like some of you women who shake your hair out in the morning and go! My husband jokes that when we travel, my hair appliances take up more space than anything else!

Honored Contributor

Since I'm currently not working, I've been sporting the high ponytail look.  If I go back to work, I'll definitely be putting forth more effort.  Nothing gives me the volume and shine that I get from Wen, a blow dryer, and large round brush!

Honored Contributor

It takes me 10 minutes to blow dry my long thick wavy hair. If money were no option I would hire someone to do my hair every day! 

Just got 4 inches cut off yesterday so it is a few inches past my shoulders now.that should shorten my styling time a bit. I have never been good at using a brush with a blow dryer so I use a comb attachment on the dryer instead. The comb smooths and straightens the waves some. If I am staying home that is all I do. When going out I use a few passes of a flat iron to smooth it a bit more which can take 5 more minutes.

Respected Contributor

Wash and let dry naturally. If I don’t have time for it to air dry, I use the blow dryer for a minute or two and scrunch it up as I go to keep my curl and body. 

Honored Contributor

About 3 minutes for me. My hair is Jamie Lee Curtis short. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?