Honored Contributor

Re: TIME NEEDED TO “DO” HAIR EACH DAY

[ Edited ]

Washing , drying and styling - 5 min. I use a round brush that blows hot air to dry with so I style & dry at the same time. My very fine hair dries extremely quickly.

Honored Contributor

I spend embarrassingly little time on my short hair.  I spritz it with water, brush it into shape with a stiff nylon brush and go.  I don't even blow dry after shampooing.  We have such low humidity, it'll dry by itself in a few minutes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Omg!  I know women who really do wash and condition their hair, blow dry it, curl it and style it every single day of their lives.  I cannot imagine where they get the time and strength and they are the same women who complain about how unhealthy their hair is.  Oh, yeah.  They also use a TON of product on their hair.  I have naturally curly hair and I always loved it even though I grew up with long, blonde, stick straight hair being the beauty standard.  Mostly, I wear it curly.  I wash and deep condition every 3 or 4 days.  Between washes, I sleep in a satin cap.  I get up in the a.m. and quickly dunk my hair under the shower water and wring out the water with a microfiber towel.  I finger comb it and I use a rich leave in conditioner, sometimes a little bit of serum.  I arrange it with my fingers, sometimes I wear a headband or pull it up into a ponytail or bun.  All of that takes about 15 minutes.  When I get it blown out straight, I make wrap and pit it around my head and sleep with my satin cap.  In the morning I put a little serum in it and brush it straight.  That takes 10 minutes.  

Honored Contributor

In the past, I have spent 1 1/2 to 2 hours doing my hair. I attribute that to the following:

*the wrong cut

*the wrong products

*not having the right knowledge regarding HOW to do my hair.

My hair did a MAJOR change after my first child was born; it went from being very tight ringlets (3C curls) to a combo of 2C/3C/straight hair. I lost 74% of due to my thyroid blowing after his birth and this was what grew in. I could wash, condition, apply oils/styling products and be done....no more.

Each pregnancy caused it to change some more and it was a nightmare to deal with, so I cut it short. Huge mistake. 

Up until about 2 years ago, I had it long and blunt and well...bleh. That meant blowing it out with a paddle brush, ironing it...just time.

NOW: the right cut has made a HUGE difference. I use no styling products other than a serum to protect the ends and a thermal protecting cream. I keep it in a thin cotton towel until ready to blow it out. I use a Shu Uemura paddle brush but use it to simply brush the hair in a certain direction, that's it. I use a blow dryer with an attachment to keep the air going in a specific and concentrated direction. That's it. The difference is amazing. I will use an iron just for the top if the weather is super humid. I only wash 2 days a week; that's all my hair needs now. Put it up at night, shake it out in the morning. Total time when I blow it out is about 10-15 minutes considering how thick and long ....I'm thrilled!

Respected Contributor

Men don't have the burden of styling their hair 1.5 hrs/day and I adopted the same policy. I found the whole styling burden to be exhausting and irritating, but that may be because my hair is curly and unruly. I guess who could need it more, but it won't follow any styling directions so I gave up and just swim with the tide.

Respected Contributor

I wash my hair at night. In the morning I just turn on the blow dryer,  bend forward,  run my fingers through my hair just to add back the fullness.  TOTAL,  maybe 20 seconds!

Contributor

I was not blessed with a wash and go type of hair.  I wash, blowdry, and style with a styling tool every day.  It takes me roughly a half hour a day to "do" my hair.  I have tried different cuts, but always end up having to mess with it.  I'm envious of the women who can wash and go. 

Honored Contributor

I dont even blow dry in the winter.  I do own a blow dryer but rarily use it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I mourn all the time I spent/wasted on my hair over the years.  Only in the last few years as I have grown my hair long enough to either clip up or tie back have I gotten away from daily shampoos, blow drying and styling.  I found that having shorter hair (at least for me) meant much more fiddling with it to maintain the style.  Growing my hair long has given me so much freedom, I will never wear a short style again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Each Day? Almost nothing because my hair is long. On days I wash my hair which is usually twice a week, about 5 minutes to blow dry thanks for the Dyson dryer my hair takes 6 hours to air dry. I don't get the whole my hair is short so it's no work. When my hair was short it always took a lot more work to style. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval