Honored Contributor

THURSDAY BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 1/25/18

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  I hope you all are having a good week.  

I purchased:

Andalou Naturals Argan Stem Cell Conditioner for thinning hair.

e.l.f. eyebow kit gel & powder

Acure Brilliantly Brightening day cream

Share your purchases and/or reviews and stay Pretty, Beauties!   Cat Very Happy  Heart

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 1/25/18

I purchased and received a big package from Laura Geller's site:

INKcredible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Set

Hollywood Lights 6 piece

Hollywood Beauty Stars 5 piece

The Bombshell Lip Set Nudes

Hollywood Blushing Baked Blush Trio

The Hollywood Beauty Stars set has the Tropic Hues Blush and Brighten and the Lipgloss in Sugar Cane. I have both of these items already, but I love them so much, I had to pick them up in the set, since the price is so good.  For those of you who are looking for a nice lip gloss, Laura Geller's Color Luster Lipgloss is very nice, and not sticky at all.  And her Blush in Tropic Hues Blush is a mix of peachy and pink tones with shimmer. It is like a mix of Nar's Orgasm and Benefit's Rockateer. I highly recommedn these two items.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1@momoftwo2007

Purchased and used Wander Beauty Crystal Rose eyeshadow... it is now my favorite color of shadow in this line

Used Younique mineral liquid foundation and there were several colors on a sample card. Found out that I can use almost and color either as an eye shadow or blush.

Using SkinMedica retinol for melasma areas on side of face with some luck.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Purchased IT Romantic's eyeshadow palette. Best for my aging eyes. Quick easy achive various looks. Long lasting! Best of all matte. Do use transforming highlighter above eyebrows and inside area. Lovely pallete exceptional beautiful colors. No talc is a must i'm sensitive.

Honored Contributor

Re: THURSDAY BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 1/25/18

Beauties,  I need to add that the e.l.f. eyebrow kit for $3 is very nice.  There is a gel to set the shape and powder for color with a two sided brush.  I chose the Ash color and I have salt & pepper hair but my eyebrows are still med/dk brown and this shade worked for me. Cat Wink 

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I purchased Sephora brand eye makeup remover and Sephora brand eye liner.  I'm always on the hunt for a cheaper eye make up remover...the Lancome Bifacil is excellent but dang it's expensive!  From Ulta I purchased a body brush for dry brushing.

Honored Contributor

Wander Beauty Wanderlust Powder Foundation - I have mixed feelings about it.  The color I ordered (medium) is on the lighter end of medium, which is good, but I'm not getting the one swipe coverage as demo'd.  Adding addtional product is a little tricky because you can quickly overdo it.  I'll give it a few more tries before I decide about returning.
Mally Pure Pigment Melting Powder - ordered then changed my mind, tried to cancel but it shipped anyway.  Since it arrived, I tried it, thinking I might like it after all.  Well, it's going back today.  The description says it turns from a powder to a cream.  That isn't true.  There is no creaminess to it at all.  Yes, it's a powder and yes it changes the second it hits your lips, but it turns more liquidy than creamy.  It feels exactly the same as a liquid lip stain only there isn't as much product on the doe foot.  It took several application to to completely and evenly cover my lips.  After application it seemed to wear off of the center and main part of my lips and the stain became uneven.  I don't like it and it certainly isn't worth the price.  Back it goes today.  If you want to try this type of product, get the cheap one (RiRe) from Amazon, it's probably no worse.
Skinn Oleo Serum - this just arrived yesterday.  I can't say too much about it yet regarding results, but my initial impression is that I really like it.  It's true that it doesn't have that oily feeling at all.  I didn't use a lot, but it seemed to penetrate easily.
Skinn Lip 6x Gloss Kit - this was a back up purchase for me.  I bought a set a month ago and have been loving them.  
Skinn Lip Smudge Sticks - Valentine Edition - these are TERRIBLE.  The colors on TV looked nicer.  In person some aren't as attractive.  The worst part, though, is that they are so dry.  They tug on the lips and application is uneven.  Applying gloss over it makes it more uneven and unattractive.  They're already packaged up to go back.
Skinn Plasma Fusion Lipsticks - set of 4 - I thought this was a great deal for $20.  Unfortunately I'm not crazy about all the colors so they're going back.
Elysee Wrinke Resist Duo - this is a new product to the line as of a few months ago.  It finally came to HSN and I just ordered a few days ago.  I'm excited about receiving it and putting it to the test.  

Kind of a disappointing and costly (return shipping) week in the beauty department for me but that's the way it goes sometimes.  That said, I did better on some other purchases; an Or Paz Roman Glass necklace & earrings set, a stainless steel engraved band ring from eBay, a couple of tops for vacation, and my MOG dress.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a Clinique mineral face sunscreen with SPF 30 at Winners in Canada. It was $19 so I looked at Shoppers Drug Mart to see how much it revular sells for $35 -- and to use the tester. It's only 1 oz in size but it goes under my makeup and it's travel size so I will  ring this on my next trip to Las Vegas. The sunscreen does leave a slight white cast, it's a thin liquid and it has no fragrance. I was surprised that the Canadian Sephora store did not carry any Clinique sunscreens at all. Since the expiration date is the middle of 2020, I feel good about this purchase.

I also bought a couple of L'Oreal True Match face pressed powders in N2 and C3 so I have one in my purse and one in my car for touchups. They were on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada so in Canada these may be discontinued in the near future.

Honored Contributor

@mcducky  Hi.  Here are two suggestions for reasonably priced eye makeup remover.  1. Maybelline has one that works well.  2.  Use a facial wipe that removes makeup (I use the facial wipe and it does remove the mascara and whatever other eye makeup you use).  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@TY    Hi.  Neutrogena has a facial liquid sunscreen that works well.  Another brand that offers a very good selection of sunscreen is alba Botanica.  

kindness is strength