Honored Contributor

THURSDAY BEAUTY P&R 5/17/18

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties.  Have you been shopping for those beauty bargains?  I did not have any purchases this past week.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.  Stay Pretty, Beauties!  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: THURSDAY BEAUTY P&R 5/17/18

I received my Walmart Beauty Box  this week.  I received a Gold Bond lotion, Aveeno Body Wash, a Soo-Ae Mask, a Aquaphor Moisture lotion spray, a ROC face cream, and a Hello Toothpaste.  I have been suscribing to the Walmart box for about two years, and I just cancelled it. Because after two years, you start getting repeating products.  I have already received the Gold Bond lotion, Soo-Ae Mask, and the ROC face cream before.  So, my verdict is that I would totally recommend the Walmart Beauty Box for anyone for a short period of time, but after a while, I am ready to try something new.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a couple of my old reliables that I use all the time - plus I decided to try a new-to-me foundation.  I got Wet-N-Wild Photofocus foundation and have worn it twice so far.  One day I hated it, the second day it was almost OK.  It makes my complexion too greasy and shiny,  just the opposite of what I want for summer.  I had to use lots of finishing powder on top.  I might save the Wet-N-Wild for  winter when my complexion is less oily.  It has a paddle applicator to dot it on, then blend with either fingers or a brush.  I found that using a brush works best for me.  The day I used my fingers, it was streaky (which might be my fault).  The formula separates so the bottle has to be shaken a lot before I apply.   I'm finding more things wrong with this foundation than I'm finding right.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo  I also got the Wet-N-Wild Photofocus foundation a while back because of all the raves from the internet about it.  I used it a couple times and was not impressed by it.  So now it is just sitting in my makeup drawer.  I am still trying to find a great drugstore foundation.  Maybe I'll try the new Physician's Formula's healthy foundation next.

Esteemed Contributor

I popped into Ulta this week to take a close look at Tarte's Shape Tape Concealer.  As often happens for me wth Tarte the colors were not good on me.  An easy pass.  I then popped over to the BareMinerals section to check out the eyeshadow/primers which were included in the recent BM TSV.  The TSV color selection did not include the proper shade of Complexion Rescue for me, but the buyers were right about the shadow/primer color for someone who generally wears a shade from the BM tan range. Turned Up (bright peach) was the right shade for me.  However, I didn't buy it  because it was the same concept as Lancome's Aquatique eyeshadow primer which I like a lot.  My Aquatique color (Noisette) is also quite similar to Turn Up.  I also checked out the new Gen Nude eyeshadow palettes up close.  Each palette has good wearable colors. I didn't see a throwaway color in any of the four options. I didn't buy, but only because I have recently bought a few new eyeshadows.  

That doesn't mean I walked out emtyhanded.  I ended up purchasing a BarePro Powder foundation in Sable and a Gen Nude Blush in But First Coffee.   I put both on as soon as I got home from the store around 1:30pm. I knew I was going to be up late last night, so it was a good test run.  I didn't remove the makeup until 2:00am and truth compels me to say my face looked great when I was taking it off.  I was running around too, so the foundation and blush had to go through metabolism and body temperature changes.  They passed the test!  There was another color of the GenNude blush I may buy on my next beauty shopping trip. It's called Peachy Keen. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy anything new but I did buy some things I needed refreshing and replaced. I absolutely love the Ecotools Muslin Cloths.  After using four in rotation for about a year they started losing their exfoliating quality so I had to replace them. These cloths are, for me, the best way to gently exfoliate my face without having to use any chemical or scrub-type product. Leaves my skin really clean and so smooth. Use twice weekly.

Also bought  Cerave Facial Cleansers in both versions...hydrating and foaming. I like to use one pump of each at the same time to cleanse my face. For me the hydrating cleanser doesn't get all of my makeup off but I love how it leaves my skin feeling somewhat hydrated and not dry. I also like how well the foaming version cleans my makeup off but it is too drying for my skin. By mixing the two hydrating and foaming versions together, I end up with a nearly perfect cleanser and my skin loves it.Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

I got the new tarte mermaid pallete! Got on Q with brush and eye wipes ! Ultra has for same price ! Gotta say I love the colors ! I'm medium tan coloring and with very light green eyes blond curly hair! Yes I'm 55 but do love the slight shimmer affects 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a couple of days late but wanted to say that I got a couple of L'Oreal lipsticks in shade 906 Burnished Blush as that color is not available in Canada so she bought it for me in the U.S. She's visiting me so we went shopping yesterday at Metrotown mall in Burnaby and I bought some of The Ordinary beauty products at the Deciem store. I bought the 2% salicylic acid solution, the ethylated vitamin C solution, the vitamin C cream, and the 10% lactic acid HA solution. I already own the lactic acid solution so bought a backup one. I was surprised that the Deciem store wasn't very well stocked as there are only 2 Deciem stores in the lower mainland of Vancouver, B.C. and I would expect that the store would be fully stocked but there were a lot of out of stock signs on a lot of The Ordinary products which leads me to believe the stories about how people are complaining about not being able to buy these products due to manufacturing shortages are true. So why is Deciem planning to open a 3rd store in the greater Vancouver, B.C area when they seem not to be able to stock a store they already have.